Musician Thread

Discussion in 'Gear' started by onetontitan, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Barf o Rama Tip Jar Donor

Suck on this...

[​IMG]
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

:irked:

>:(

:rant:
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

I played Robbie Hart in The Wedding Singer (The Musical)... does that count?

Pretty sure my musical talents qualify me to play the triangle... and that's about it.
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

This thread needs a resurrection.

BOOM.

I've got a sharp looking AXL Fireax guitar I put my George Lynch 90s Screamin Demon in (before they became crap)
    [​IMG]

and it all went to hell one day when the part of the tremolo bridge got broken (still don't know how, checked it out one day, and it was snapped) I then, about a year later, took off the tuning keys, the bridge pickup, and the output jack for parts to other various projects.

Then I came across the site Guitarpartsonline.com, and they have EVERYTHING guitar part related for insanely cheap. They have a hardtail bridge on there for 12.99, and the tuning heads for like 20. They get nothing but good reviews when I googled them as well.

Should I resurrect it? There would still be a gap there where the Tremolo was, but I really don't care. It's been sitting around for a long time, and it deserves better.
  5. nickmsmith

6. CRUDS

That is cheap indeed. I've done a few Warmoth kits but they never are that nicely priced..
    Check out http://reranch.com/ if you wanna paint that guitar on the cheap...
  7. nickmsmith

Thanks. I don't trust my painting skills at all, or else I would. I think I'm gonna use Tru Oil on it, I hear it is almost dummy-proof and looks good. I'd love to have a see-thru blue finish to show off the flame top though.

how did your kit guitars turn out? I've bought a neck and other parts from warmoth, but I found this place that is so cheap, don't think I'll be going back.
  8. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

My entry for today:

Surfing CL and found somebody nearby selling an MXR script logo 1974 Phase 90 reissue pedal for $60. Been looking for one for a while, so I scooped it up. Still haven't plugged it in yet...
  9. CRUDS

Yeah, the Warmoth guitars I basically tung oiled. I've ReRanched some Gibsons but never one of the kits.. Wish I had time do mess with kits now.. Good fun.
  10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Starter

I am an bassist but have experience in Bb baritone and trombone, also getting ready to pick up violin after I find a good used one for sale on CL.

As far as your drum set question...Sonor! Tools Danny Carey plays Sonor and it sounds really good. Just my humble opinion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.