Music

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LazyManJackson, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wow, your music tastes are.......different

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

And that's very cool. The popular music landscape is really changing. Back when I was a kid in the 70s you heard something on pop radio and you went and bought the album or the single because all your friends were listening to it. This explains things like the popularity of Grand Funk Railroad. Yeah, we all rocked to it, but we didn't really have much choice! :ha:

Radio was about the only exposure most of us had to new music. If a station didn't want to play something, no one ever heard it. Now you've got all these bands online offering free samples and full song downloads, you've got at least 15 different genres of music on the radio in most major markets, you've got napster and itunes and instant access to millions of different songs. There's also Sirius and XM with tons of different styles.

We're not tied to FM radio anymore. Since large conglomerates have bought so many of the stations and have very limited play lists it's great that we have more choices because many of the stations are even more bland than they were 30 years ago.

What you find now is that people are listening to more diverse music because they are able to find exactly the sound and style they like, not stuff that just everyone else likes.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I like Weezer's new song Perfect Situation.

Also Train is talented.
    I love that song 100 Years. - FIVE FOR FIGHTING
    I like all kinds of stuff...

Not too big on Kenny Chesney though Maximus...:ha:
    (insert Peyton Manning joke here)

4. maximus

maximus Starter

We all have our faults. Kennys just happens to be that he is friends with Peyton Manning

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

oh, they are more than friends...

they are BFF!!!

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Mostly rock. Light, hard, and some in between.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I'm not even sure any more, so the old standbys are King's X, Steely Dan, Train, The Tragically Hip, and, um....I dunno.

This is a perfect time to announce that my other forum's compilation CD has just left to mastering phase, and will be going into print soon. A promo website is being developed as we speak, complete with a player and song clips. There's 2 discs, 28 songs, and these guys are good. I wonder why they let me appear on it.

I'll post a thread when it's ready.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

New Orleans Jazz
    Tony Bennett

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

New School-
    Disturbed
    Funeral for a Friend
    Evan's Blue
    Breaking Benjamin
    MudVayne
    Staind (older)
    Killswitch Engage
    Submersed
    Sevendust
    ShineDown

Old School-
    Queensryche
    (old) Metallica (pre-And Justice for All)
    Prong
    Fates Warning
    Dream Theater
    Iron Maiden
    Ac/Dc
    Megadeth
    Tool
    Judas Priest
    Machine Head
    Fear Factory

just to name a few .......

10. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar