Music Recording Programs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitansfaninKY, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Starter

Just recently decided that I am going to start recording my own music. Does anyone have any suggestions of what programs to use? I will be using a mac and currently just messing around with Garage band but it seems pretty limited so was going to see what my other options are. Doesn't need to be the best quality out there kindof just recording my songs for myself.

Will be using real instruments so that's the only requirement. Also if there is any other programs that can replace some filters I want to use that would be great. I saw another post about programs like these for the Ipad and if I could find them relatively cheap for my mac that would be great. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Garageband isn't very limited, dude. I know a Grammy winner who made an entire orchestral album with it. You may think it's limited due to it's GUI and it's method of use. Maybe you want something that looks more "professional", and that's cool. So do I.

If you're a Mac user, I am going to be wildly adamant about using Logic Express. At about $200 it's probably waaaayyyy more than you need, and if you're not running a commercial studio you don't need the full version of Logic. I started out on Logic Express 7, and now I'm using Logic Studio 8.... which is entirely unnecessary for me. Logic Express 7 with a few Jam Packs was plenty.

You'll be using real instruments, sure. Then after you get the hang of it you're gonna be glad that LogEx has lots of virtual instruments. Really. Trust me on this.

3. avvie

Now, if you want REALLY cheap ($60), powerful, and professional, you can download REAPER right now and get started. There are NO included instruments, however, and you'll also need to download and install the free extensions: Wavosaurus, Jesusonic and some other I forgot.

get it here: http://www.reaper.fm/

If you like it JOIN THE FORUM. You'll need the help once in a while.

4. avvie

What does this mean? Do you mean effects?... envelope filters?...what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar