Music Gear?

Discussion in 'Gear' started by CRUDS, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Anyone gearheads 'round here? I'm looking to pick up a Marshall Bluesbreaker and would love some feedback from anyone here who might have one..

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

EWW! You mewntioned "Marshall" and "blues" in the same sentence!! :eek:

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Clapton's most heralded amp was a Marshall...
    [​IMG]

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I always wanted a JCM800 for the meedly meedly mee metal tones :rawk:

Well that helps you not :lol:

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Actually I have one - early 80's pre master 50watt JCM800. Snarly for sure but not as rich sounding as my Plexi.. I just need something smaller than a half stack that I can lock inside the truck...

6. avvie

Mesa Boogie or death ;)

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Death please...

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

My old band (where I played bass for some odd reason instead of guitar) had two eggselent guitar amp setups.....for hard rock anyway I think. One guy had a JCM 800, the other a Mesa Dual Recto. I loved playing through either or when they were resting or goofing off during band practice.

I've had some nice guitars, but always just stuck with my old Peavey Classic Chorus 212 instead of getting a hard rocking tube amp....one day I'll grow up and be cool hehe.

9. avvie

Marshalls are a band's biggest friggin nightmare.. they won't work unless they're turned to 11, and then they're nothing but shrilly, shrilly white boy noise. How 'bout some warmth and clarity, Jim?

But, of course I'm referring to the JCM 900 stack. Their 112 tube practice amps are great for recording.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

^Generalization of the year..

JCM900 = worst Marshall ever (sounds as you described), but anyone with a clue about Marshalls would know to stay away from the 900 anyway.

That said, many of their other offerings are the things tones freaks dream of (Plexis, JMPs. JTMs, Bluesbreakers and to a lesser extent JCM800s). What amp would you want to play on less than 11? Gimme some raw vintage Marshall power tube OD over those modern "every guitar sounds the same" diamond-plated false sounds from a Boogie..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar