Music City Miracle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I was watching our playoff games from 1999 and that Buffalo game still gets me all warm and fuzzy inside. Seeing that game-winning play always brings back excitement and nostalgia. I remember watching the game at home and being pissed because it seemed almost certain that Buffalo had just finished us off with that FG in the last 2:00. I remember thinking to myself (the hopeless fan in me) that there is still a chance to make something happen where we could get into FG range.

And then the kickoff came, I couldn't believe my eyes. I went into full apesh!+ mode. I remember my mom screaming at me to calm down but I couldn't help it. We had just pulled off the impossible. Then the almost 2:00 it took for the official review had my heart racing as if I had just done a ton of crack and when they confirmed it as a lateral and a TD I erupted again. Then and even now I always wonder what it was like to be there as all that happened. I can only imagine that it was like 65,000+ people going apesh!+ just like me. I bet it was orgasmic.

:logo: How did yall celebrate the Music City Miracle? :logo:

Watching it today and looking back the announcers did not do that play justice. I understand the lateral was questionable as it happened but there were no flags on the play and it was initially called a TD.

2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I was in college back then. My roomate had to work that day, and asked me to call him and tell him who won (you see, back then kids, there were no smartphones. We didn't even have dumb cellphones yet.)

So I call him after the field goal, spitting and cursing. He's saying, "Well, I'm glad I missed it then" when I start going completely berzerk.

I tell him to IMMEDIATELY leave the store (Party City in Antioch) and go down the mini mall to a store that had a tv and check it out. All of a sudden, he was pissed that he missed it.

_______

The only game ever I remember losing it more over was the 1998 Florida-UT game. When the florida kicker shanked the FG in overtime, I jumped up and smashed a finger in the ceiling.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If only that story had a happy ending. Always bittersweet as it ended up in disappointment, and haven't been back since.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I don't like Wycheck on the radio as much as I liked the old guy (don't remember his name).

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I don't like the Wake up Zone at all. The Miday 180 and the 3HL are great though.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Yeah but how was it being at that game?

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Oh, I wasn't there. I meant we haven't been back to the SB since.

8. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I know this game didn't have as much on the line, but the Vince Young 99 yard drive against the Cardinals was the most exciting game I've ever watched. As soon as we had to start on the 1 I thought the game was over, but after Kenny caught that last td I was running around the house like a mad man.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MemNoK9hGrA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MemNoK9hGrA[/ame]

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I was ten years old and at the game like always! I was crying haha... probably would still cry if something so beautiful happened again.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Those days are long gone :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar