Munchak: Year One

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Don't care if anyone can reason with me. Munchak sucks, he's already proved that and he'll continue to prove that throughout his short head coaching career. What biased hate do I have against him? It's not like he took my job or something...I just think he's a bad HC, not too outrageous of a thing. The only bias going on is everyone on this board who loves him just because we're stuck with him.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

An A? That's too generous.

3. JCBRAVE

If Munchak sucks, what does that make Andy Reid, Rex Ryan, Marvin Lewis, Jon Fox, Norv Turner, Jason Garrett, and Lovie Smith? Munchak finished better than all those guys.

4. JCBRAVE

Wow, you really think Roos, Amano, Harris and Stewart would be half the players they are without Mike Munchak? Seriously? Only Roos was an early 2nd round pick, the rest were nobody's before they came across Munchak.

5. JCBRAVE

Wait a minute.......... Is TheSureThing really dbc? Hmmm

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'd probably give Munch a C+ for year one. I know I was hard on him at times. But now that I've come to accept that we aren't in the playoffs and can put my emotions aside, I must say he did an alright job.

We definitely overachieved, record-wise, according to most people's expectations. Still there were plenty of missed opportunities and several times this looked like the typical uninspired, unmotivated, Fisher-led team we've all come to know and loathe over the past couple seasons.

And I still get the feeling Munch is a bit in over his head. But maybe we can simply chalk that up to being a first year coach? Regardless, we'll really find out what he's made of next season when he has a full off-season to prepare and has settled into the job a little more.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Coming from the person who's profile is dominated by Japanese game references.....:sad2:

8. JCBRAVE

I truly believe if McCarthy, Casey and Klug weren't around, we'd be 6-10. Those 3 rookies stepped up on a lot of 3rd downs. Who knows how long opponents drives go if those 3 aren't there to make key stops, and get us the ball back.

All 3 were guys Munchak helped draft. I'm pumped to see who we get this April. Munchak did more in 1 draft than most guys do in 3 or 4. Seven of nine of our rookies had immediate impacts this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar