Munchak to interview at Penn State

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Munch said he hasn't had time for Penn State, "but I don't want to get into it"

Yep he interviewed with them for sure. Wyatt said he changed subjects very quickly.

Jim Wyatt@jwyattsports
    7m
    When asked, Munchak: "I know they are looking at Penn St, but I have been so busy I haven't had time. But I don’t want to get into it."

Jim Wyatt@jwyattsports
    5m
    Not surprised Munchak would deny it. Penn State probably told him to keep quiet. He quickly changed subject #Titans

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

wtf is this? Munch watch 2k14?

move on, who cares right now.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Munch's credibility as a stand up, loyal guy stating to take a bit of a hit now that the real motives behind his exit are coming to light. I am a PSU guy (not a diehard tho') and frankly there is something slimey about the guy that I just dont like. Hope they go elsewhere to find a HC, and that Munch winds up coaching high school ball somewhere, he might do pretty well at that level...

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

That's retarded. He would give up a job in hand (and raise and extension) and 32 years with a franchise to be one of at least 6 people to interview for the Penn State job? When he would have had a MUCH better chance to get the job 2 years ago?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You sound like an overly attached girlfriend.

6. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

What is retarded about what I said ? Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. We have now learned he pretty walked away from a scenario where essentially he had to dump pretty much his entire staff which would essntially be a major blow to his ego. If he knew of PSU's strong interest he may have bee a little more at ease with being "fired" based on "principle" : I am not going to stand for getting rid of all my guys if that is the only deal on the table. Had the interest of PSU in him not been there would he have been a little more agreeable to just swallowing the changes required and take the extension and try to make the best of the circumstances.

Have to admit I know very little about his possibilities at getting the position 2 years ago, if that is so then that changes my thought process a little.

7. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

??? Sorry, don't get this comment Gunny...

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Munch isn't slimey, if anything he's probably too nice. Don't read too much into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar