Munchak Speech

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I blame two things on Munchak: The offensive line and some really bad challenges.

The offensive line had his stamp of approval when he said this unit was good enough to win a Super Bowl. That was an utter failure. He's obviously seen the error of his ways though since we've tried our damnedest to upgrade.

Some of his challenges last year were just awful.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm glad you have high standards and that nobody can just waltz in and run our favorite team. That's good that fans see challenges and have concerns. But when you realize who you're dealing with, your opinion changed. I wasn't in the Mike Munchak fan club before 2011, but I knew what kind of guy he was in every day life. I had a great feeling about him taking over as the head coach when it was announced. Him being the person he is at home lets him do what he does on Sundays, and I know that guy knows football inside and out. He's seen winning teams enough times to know what to put together in terms of a good team.

2012 should be a good season.

3. Fry

Jim Wyatt thinks the Manning thing did in part cost us the opportunity to sign Scott Wells, a signing I think both of us would have been happy with.

Tennessean chat today.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Might as well go ahead and forfeit the season I guess.

What were we thinking?? How could we possibly prioritize a HoF QB over a C??

5. Fry

Like I've said, I was never anti-Manning. I was anti-ownership for screwing up the front office's plan. I'd say Eugene Amano starting in 2012 instead of a top-five center would be a friggin travesty because Bud Adams meddled.

I don't look forward to 16 games of this.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUbIBiQgN2Y"]Titans @ Colts 12/28/11 Amano Sucks #2 - YouTube[/ame]

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well I wish we would sign Koppen. I think regardless we will see improvement thanks to Hutchinson taking over at guard.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Koppen needs to hurry up and decide.

8. bigdogtitan

bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

I think Koppen wants to stay in N.E. and was using the visit for leverage. Why overpay for him if the pats don't want him anymore?He would be an upgrade at center.

9. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Munchak generally says the right thing, but last season he didn't say the right thing when it mattered most, and that was:

"Jake, Matt is obviously injured, you're starting until he heals up."

10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Meh...we signed Matt for a reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar