Munchak pulling for Titans in 2014

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Mike Munchak might be out the door, but that doesn’t mean he’s pulling against the Titans.

The former head coach said he’s still “invested” in the franchise and its players, and hopes things continue in the right direction.

“I am hoping that this team does well, and a year from now people will say, ‘See, they did it in one year.’ But you know what? They would’ve done it with our guys,’’ Munchak said. “We have a part in this thing, myself and the staff. We have a vested interest in this thing down the road. That’s how I look at it. There’s no reason to be bitter about it. I want to see them win.

“I’ll be sad I am not a part of it, but I am hoping it works. With the guys they have here I think the team is going to be really successful.”

Munchak, who was head coach for three seasons, said he expects the 2014 Titans to make the playoffs no matter who is named the next coach. He has faith in quarterback Jake Locker, he said.

“I want the right guy in here, too,’’ Munchak said. “I’d love to see someone come in and finish the job we started. I’d like to see it work here. I don’t want someone to come in and take it back. I am invested in this team doing well. I am not the other way around.

“There’s a lot of good coaches in the NFL. Whoever comes in here will have chance to have a real good team and a good quarterback who will show everyone who he is.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Well in the end Munch chose to leave. So I can see that he would not harbor any ill will.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We should have gotten it done this year Munch.

• High Five High Five x 8
  4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Bottom line is as long as he had Fitzpatrick and probably even Locker we weren't making it over the 8-8 mark.One because Locker can't stay healthy and two because Fitz is the most ant-clutch QB i've ever seen seemed like every time we were down by one score and trying to win a game he always threw an interception.I'm glad ya left Munch you saved all of us a wasted year......

5. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

i wish munch was my grandfather or uncle or some relation! what a class act man! he took the high road and showed himself the door on his own terms and i respect the hell out of him! jc is right, the titans should have gotten it done this year.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

Munch is the man. I'll be glad when this all behind us and we can remember him and Bruce for what they are... Great HOF players for this organization.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That is why I was upset he was made HC. Most HC jobs do not end well and I did not want to see the organization have to fire Munch.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

If only he would be willing to coach our line instead of coming back as a h.c.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

If only he had not gone for hc... at least not here. Had he left to coach elsewhere - and failed - he'd be welcomed back here with open arms. Now, his time here is tarnished. Oh well. That's life, I suppose.

10. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

You are right about the QB situation, but Fitz was able to drive down and beat the Raiders, but hey, it was the Raiders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar