Munchak: Positives were found in blowout loss

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans fans would be hard-pressed to list many positives coming out of Sunday’s blowout loss to Chicago, but coach Mike Munchak said he saw some good things.

Asked specifically who he thought played well, Munchak listed rookie linebacker Zach Brown (team-high 10 tackles, two for loss, fumble recovery), defensive tackle Jurrell Casey (five tackles, one sack, one forced fumble), linebacker Akeem Ayers (eight tackles, one sack, one tackle for loss), running back Chris Johnson (141 rushing yards) and the offensive line.

“There’s only so much good to look for in a game when it’s that way. I get that,” Munchak said. “Most people didn’t see that because you leave and it’s all about the disappointment. But you have to build on stuff for next week and so there are still a lot of plays in there that were made by players that was good to watch.”

Munchak also appreciated the effort he saw from players late in the contest when the score was out of hand.

“Heck, Chris Johnson fumbles two balls, has a penalty and on the last play of the game, they run a safety blitz and he knocked a guy on his butt,” Munchak said. “He went and made the play.

“People get this perspective that because you lose, you’re not trying … We didn’t play well, but we didn’t quit on anything.”

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. Victory1993

Victory1993 Rookie

This the funny stuff I heard all day Mike Munchak took a bunch of meanless stats and said that they were positive that's such a joke in Chad Johnson's famous words: Child Please!
  3. SlickFraud

SlickFraud Camp Fodder

CJ fumbled TWO times, a penalty, barely got the running game going, and he got a long run in garbage time. Whoop de freaken doo.
    • High Five High Five x 6
  4. Victory1993

Victory1993 Rookie

I know people were bragging about CJ as if he did something great when he got a late touchdown against the backups Munchak is a joke
  5. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Special Teams Standout

an asteroid didn't wipe out the Earth, that was a pretty good positive from Sunday
    • High Five High Five x 3
  6. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Special Teams Standout

Lol. Consider that line stolen. Thanks.
  7. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie Hates the Offseason

I'm positive this staff is pretty pitiful...
  8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

better than anyone else on offense
  9. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Jesus dude do you ever give up? Your nose is gonna start bleeding if you don't stop sniffing that thing.
  10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

When CJ is inducted into the HOF and you guys are still bitter he signed that one big contract 20 years ago. I'll let it go. Until then.

[​IMG]