Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Munchak: Pollard has to play smarter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Titans Insider Titans News

Titans coach Mike Munchak disagreed with the unnecessary roughness call against Bernard Pollard during Saturday’s win over the Falcons, but he said the veteran safety can’t continue to pick up personal fouls.

Through three games, the heavy hitter has two personal fouls.

“We can’t have those penalties,” Munchak said on Sunday. “We have to be careful. Even if it’s close to being a call, especially on someone they know is aggressive … that probably adds something to it. It shouldn’t, but I’m sure it does.

“So he has to play smarter. There’s no way around that. You can’t have 15-yard penalties in this game. It’s hard enough to win as it is. We can’t help an offense by doing that.”

The call came after Pollard’s hit against wide receiver Julio Jones at the end of a play.

“In talking with the official, he thought it was helmet to helmet and it wasn’t,” Munchak said. “To me, it was bang, bang, when (Jones) was hitting the ground, (Pollard) was hitting him and he hit him shoulder to shoulder. I think (the official) saw it different from his angle and watching it on tape, it wasn’t the hit he thought it was.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,948
    I invite those Pollard plays.

All preseason the coaches are saying go out there and make mistakes, well Pollard is and now youre saying not to fly around like youre on fire? I dont get it.

No coach wants to give up 15-yard penalties, but Munchak needs to recognize Pollard is just playing fast, hes doing exactly what he's been told to do.
  3. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,461
    What more do you expect from a 1 year rental?
  4. Jwill1919 Coach

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,320
    FreeBernardPollard.com
  5. titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $5,043
    Wilson will play most of the snaps at SS.
  6. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,109