Munchak over /under

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman, Sep 7, 2013.

?
  1. 5

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. 6

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. 7

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. 8

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. more than 8

27 vote(s)
    67.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I am not calling for his head, I just wanted to know in reality how many games he needs to win to keep his job safe for the next year? I am not crazy about him as a HC, but I don't hate him. IMO , I would love to see if we could get Herman Edwards, or Jon Gruden in here because I think they would do a great job.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think it is less about wins, and more about how we lost.

Close games with some controversial calls? As long as we make it a minimum 8-8. I think that is the absolute BARE MINIMUM that Munch sticks next year. However, with some of the recent comments from Bud, I am starting to think it is playoffs or bust and I support that. I don't see Munch as a Super Bowl winning coach and would honestly prefer we move to a guy that could get us one ASAP.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The day before the first game and we already have our first Jon Gruden post. I'll never understand the people of Tennessee's obsession with the guy.

• High Five High Five x 6
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If we open the season 0-4 yea lets talk new coaches, but no Jon Gruden, and no Herm lol.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I had to add Gruden to the mix, just for thought per say but I do like the guy, I feel he can coach, and he did win the SB with the Bucs. I like the passion he brings to the table which is something I feel munch is missing and I can't see him winning us a SB anytime soon and Bud is going to make that decision. We have a tough start out of the gate but if we don't recover, I see this organization going in another direction.

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

whats wrong with herm?

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I think he must win at least 9.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Honestly I'm not even sure 8-8 is enough. I tend to think a VERY competitive 9-7 is what it will take. I don't think Bud spent > $100 million this offseason for 8-8. IMO we need to be at least playing for a playoff spot come week 17.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Any game against PIT, BAL, NE, and EVERY division rival is a must win. Throw in the fact its the start of a new season and HC wants to save his job – course its a must win, are you kidding? We saw this team’s officials preaching in the offseason that ‘low standards’ are out the window. And its time to put up or shut up.

Do you guys remember, you know back in our dominant days, how much it stung to lose…. Lately that seems to have become the norm around here. In fact I need us to start 3-0 – PIT, HOU, SD – two teams from the list I put above and the last seemingly our kyrptonight for as long as I remember… I need 3-0 on our way to at least 10-6 and a playoff birth or ill be calling for some heads to roll.... or like i said above shut up...

--

With that I obviously voted 8+, but I had to comment and say even that is too generous. He went 9-7 his first year here, with Palmer and Gray and less talent, so with that in mind, he better do better than 9 wins...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar