Munchak Needs To Have Intensity And Show More Emotion As Head Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jun 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I do think he needs to do these things because he is the leader of the team and sometimes the players do need to see more from him besides the poker face he always shows.Like someone was saying here recently about him being wired for sound during one of our games and there was never any passion or any fight there was just him saying over and over 'We can't be this bad'.I do think he needs to step up a bit and show more of himself especially during games because he looks almost disinterested in a way.In his first two seasons i didn't see any type of emotion coming from him but with some of the changes to the team like Gregg Williams coming in those are the type of coaches that are going to show some fire and action and hopefully this will have some effect on Munchak.Also with certain veteran players coming in like Bernard Pollard and feisty rookies like Warmack and Schwenke they need to see some leadership and some emotion coming from the head coach because i do believe sometimes the players can get an extra charge of adrenaline from their coaches if they are fired up and ready to take control.I do think this will be where Gregg Williams steps in but the players and the coaches under Munchak will be looking at him when the game is on the line......

Does anyone think that there will be times Munchak might need to come out of his shell and show more especially during gametime?

2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I heard him drop an f bomb on one of those wired for sounds. That was the proudest I've ever been of him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Thats what i'm talking about,if he has to drop a hundred f bombs do it plus he needs to know its alright to get pissed off sometimes.I'd definitely like to see him get angry as hell just one good time but i don't think he ever will.I do think if he got really worked up and told the team to go kick ass then they would definitely see it done.

The thing is most likely it will be Gray or Williams getting fired up and pissed and they are the ones that will light the match under the players and get them motivated to kick ass.

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

There are plenty of elite coaches that are not "in your face" or loud types in every sport.

It isn't a necessity.

I'm not defending him either.

I think he sucks and will most likely be fired by December.

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

He is a mellow dude, that is nothing to get mad at. I for one like the leader to have a more calming presence. I think he is still growing into the role too. Also, IMO the staff he has assembled now is great and the different personalities on-board is key. You can't have an entire staff of docile style, neither an entire staff of 'crazy-in-your-face.'

Now with positional coaches like Jefferson and assistant coaches like Williams, like I said, they are the fire to his ice - and already through OTA's the team seems to be responding. I honestly believe his coordinators let him down. The same ones he was stuck with b/c Bud let Fish go at a time when all the good guys had already been picked up. Now he's starting to hire the guys he might have wanted at the time.

Also, there are some things he does that are really cool. I like the way he doesn't give the job to the 'old' guy b/c of seniority. If a younger guy looks better, he plays. We saw that he doesn't really have favoritism, which is good too b/c we were stuck with that for so long.

I'm not sure if I want him to stay as HC yet, he needs to get us to the playoffs next year, but this whole 'he's too mellow' is not a valid reason for dismissal - I find it to be one of his pluses actually......

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ive seen Munch go off on a ref, so the intensity is in him, but Id also like to see more from him.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

You saying Munch is not intense?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, intensity is not always a good thing

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

BAH! You're either a good coach or a bad coach... it doesn't matter how you act on the sideline.

That guy in New England seems to do pretty good... though if he were coaching here, many would complain about his "intensity", although he'd be winning games...

This doesn't bother me, at all.

• High Five High Five x 5
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I agree. You need to go with your personality. Munch being "intense" now would just be fake and everyone would see through it.

10. amy

amy Starter

You can't just tell someone to change the personality they were born with. He is what he is. Gregg Williams has enough fire for five. I'm sure he and Gray will fire the guys up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar