Munchak hopes MNF game adds to motivation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans’ upcoming game against the New York Jets will mark the team’s first appearance on Monday Night Football since Nov. 18, 2010, when Tennessee whipped Jacksonville 30-3.

Titans coach Mike Munchak hopes the national stage provides even more motivation for his team, despite the fact Tennessee has been eliminated from playoff contention.

“Definitely it adds more to the game because it’s a Monday night game,” Munchak said. “I think that’s helpful because of going through the season that we are. You say you’re out of the playoffs, but I think Monday night will bring (extra motivation) out in them.

“You’re playing against a Jets football team that still is fighting for a playoff spot. We know we’re a lot better than 4-9.”

The Titans have only been on national television once this season, beating Pittsburgh in a Thursday night game.

“I know people don’t know much about us. They haven’t seen us play other than the Pittsburgh game we won on national television,” Munchak said. “So we want to win and play well, and having it on national TV just adds to it. So maybe people can see really what we’re about. I think that’s what the plan will be and that’s what we will do.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

Attached Files:

2. amy

amy Starter

I just hope it's not a complete embarrassment. Please try not to get beat by more than a couple of touchdowns. Please

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd be really impressed if we pulled out a win on MNF.

Any time the Titans have to deal with a big moment, they fail, so a win would be a little encouraging.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Boy, the football scheduling gods whiffed on this one..

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

No Mike. You're really not.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You are what your record says you are, and we have a bad record cause we're an incomplete team.

BUT you can't blame him for not wanting to recognize and admit we're one of the worst teams.

These guys can't loose their confidence, otherwise we'd look like a 0-13 team this week.

He's really holding on for dear life at this point.

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

add consistency to this team and we are a pretty good team.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

This team is as consistent as they come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar