Munchak Fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Albert Breer

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Listening to 104.5 right now. Wycheck is sooooooooooooo butthurt.

4. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

I got a question:

Why offer Munchak an extension and keep him...but want to get rid of everyone else on his staff?

Isn't that like replacing every single part of your car (engine/interior) and just keeping the shell vs just buying a new car?

5. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

It's an old ploy. Made him an offer they knew he wouldn't accept.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well, they didn't want to get rid of everyone on the staff. But they did want to get rid of some key pieces (including OC & DC).

But I agree with you. I really can't wrap my head around where Ruston and Tommy were coming from in all this. It seems to me you either believe in the guy and the direction he's taking the team, or you don't. I don't get all this wishy-washy stuff.

If you literally have to FORCE your head coach to make the changes you think are necessary to build a winner then why do you want that person as head coach in the first place?

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I've heard this as a reason a few times. And while I wouldn't dismiss it as a possibility, it sure seems like a very dangerous move. I don't see how they could've KNOWN for a fact he wouldn't take it. He has family to consider, other staff members, etc.

If that was indeed their plan then it obviously worked. But they ran the risk of being stuck with a guy they really didn't want. And for what? To save a little money (in the grand scheme of things)? To not have to technically "fire" him?

8. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

I believe they did know he wouldn't accept it.

Their offer wouldn't have saved the family any money. It did allow Munch, whom by all accounts was well respected by both of them, to save face by not being fired. If he had accepted, it would have at least strengthed the coached staff, which was a weak link in their opinion.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Jim Wyatt@jwyattsports 4m
    Contracts expired for #Titans assistants today. All but one defensive coach (Chet Parlavecchio, LBs) is believed to have an expiring deal

Jim Wyatt@jwyattsports 3m
    That means defensive coaches like Gregg Williams and Jerry Gray are officially free agents, free to pursue other opportunities #Titans

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol Chet won't be staying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar