Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Munchak: Abraham wasn’t a good fit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 25, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,465
    Yea Ruston is batting 100% in the 3rd round so far. casey and Martin are real good players. I had a 1st round grade on Mike Martin. I was so excited when we got him in the 3rd.
    The Hammer high fives this.
  2. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $21,185
    Munchak: Abraham makes sacks. That is not a Titans type of player. That style of play does not happen under my watch. I prefer players who almost make lots of sacks.

:bliss:
  3. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,212
    I had him in the second more so, but as high as the first. Third was a dream. Got the one player I really wanted from the draft.
  4. The Hammer I already got half a buzz on

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $127,129
    Another part of the reason I am excited for the future of this team. Good mid round picks for a change. Brown in the second also had a first round grade. As did Ayers the year before.
  5. luvyablue256 Special Teams Standout

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $127

Don't be surprised if you see Lavar Edwards pushing Morgan for a starting spot.
  6. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,212
    as much as that would be awesome... that just isnt happening. How is some third string cat from lsu gonna come in and push morgan aside? Edwards isnt terrible and he played with some talented cats, but there is zero chance he does that. he will be rotational at best this season. positivity is awesome and all but really... lets be realistic for like 32 and a half seconds... thats not really happening.
    nbtoppers2 high fives this.
  7. luvyablue256 Special Teams Standout

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $127

I see where you're coming from...but I think Edwards has more potential in his year 1 than Morgan did in his year 1. If Edwards can live up to that potential, he could do some damage. I do agree that it is a long shot, but if it happens, I wouldn't be totally shocked.

At worst, he's good depth. I just don't have that much faith in Derrick Morgan.
  8. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,212
    What makes you doubt Morgan?
  9. luvyablue256 Special Teams Standout

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $127

I thought he was a tad overrated coming out of college. He's a liability against the run, and hasn't showed me enough to not have doubts about him getting past that. He also lacks explosiveness necessary to be a disruptive pass rusher. He's not a bad player...just not good enough for me to hang my hat on.
  10. luvyablue256 Special Teams Standout

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $127

Also, he's a Fisher/Reinfeldt holdover. They both have proved to not be good stewards of our roster. They under-scouted him from the get go, and at the position we were in during that draft, we should have just traded down for more picks and attempted to solve DE in free agency (which goes against their creed of avoiding early FA).