Munchak: Abraham wasn’t a good fit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 25, 2013.

1. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Wimbley is a dynamic pass rusher potentially but this sytem has been ALL wrong for him, hope we learn how to use him once in a while. If Morgan doesn't get hurt, he will be fine.
  2. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

I Just think it means we are going to try and force the run stops first against run first teams with the big cat. Against passing teams like the saints and the packers I envision Wimbley would be getting more snaps.

Aces in their places. Wimbley is not good against the run.
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

Well, the most common formation we use is the Nickle formation at 42% of defensive plays last years. So I do expect Wimbley to get more snaps.
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

I love nickle, its my favorite defensive package. I hate dime, oh how I hate seeing that 4th CB have to come out and pretend to know whats up.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. The Hammer

Mine too. A lot you can do with it. Dime can be rough. I wonder if instead of a fourth CB if we will have a third SS come out at times this year for Dime.
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Hopefully Campbell figures things out so we actually have a 4th CB to play if we need
  7. The Hammer

I am holding out more hope for Wreh-Wilson to be honest.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

I never put any stock in later picks.

If you're not a 1st or 2nd rounder, my expectations are very low for that player their rookie year. I dont even consider WW.
  9. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion Tip Jar Donor

10. The Hammer

Well Rusty has done a pretty good job with his third rounders. I just think back, way back, to when we had Anthony Dorsett in the dime back role. It was a disaster. We were useless on third and long. And I see TC as a similar player. We did not improve until the team started playing third round rookie Denard Walker as the dime back.