Munch on Hawkins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfan77, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd give Hawkins another year before I would Gage.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i think Mariani will shine at WR, i can see him being like Wes Welker. Great hands and the right size to be a pain in the @ss to big the big defenders.

3. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Mariani/Johnson in the open field = bye bye!

4. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

because jeff fisher was an idiot when it came to personell and starter decisions. hawk always looked great in preseason and the only times he saw the field in the reg. season he did well. but for some reason fish wouldn't let him on the field.

you have to look at this roster with a fresh pair of eyes. that's what our coaches are doing and i love it. we'll be a better team for it.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No it wasn't. It was Fisher being the biased dipsh** he's always been.

Britt came in and MADE Fisher have to play him.

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Hawk can be a solid player, but it really doesn't matter as he's irrelevant with Britt, Nate, D-Will, and Cook on the team. Hawk isn't Ines Sainz and we ain't the Jets, so there just aren't enough balls to go around.

And I'm sure Mariani is just as good if not better than Hawk, which makes Hawk even less relevant.

He's buried on the depth for good reason. With that being said, I'm still up for keeping him in case someone in front gets hurt.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think both Mariani and Hawk should be given a chance to shine. Washington shouldn't be handed the slot spot just because he's a veteran.

We should work to have a receiver rotation. Keep guys fresh and the DB's and LB's off balance. If we're keeping Britt and D-Will on the field and rotating Washington, Hawkins, Mariani, and Cook in the slot then we could have a very effective WR corp.

The guys who are gonna make plays would be found midway through the season and we'd have our best group heading late into the season and postseason.

We've got a lot of tools that Locker can play with. Cook offers a unique TE/Slot threat because of his size and speed. Washington, Hawkins, and Mariani can do some damage as slot WR's if we get them open in space. Britt and D Will can get open against even the best DB's.

I think with a few line adjustments, and a QB who can just make reads we should have a top tier defense. We've got our spell back now and will prob pick up another before camp.

We've got a dangerous offense if we can get some play at the QB position.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I guess you have selective memory and don't remember Britt's horrible pre-season. Britt was the dip in the pre-season, didn't come in prepared and was dropping everything thrown his way.

9. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

It was actually Britt's unpreparedness in the offseason that made Fisher "punish" him by putting him on the bench for a few weeks until it was clear he was hurting the team by not playing him.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Hopefully the new staff will give someone a chance over Washington too.

I've definitely seen enough of Nate. Makes some tough catches but drops too many of too many easy catches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar