Munch "Not trading Cook. Not happy at 3-5"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-munchak-not-interested-in-trading-jared-cook

I like that he is calling out Cook's agent and talking about the inappropriate timing.

I like that a lot better than typical Fisher comments.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This is the one thing I like about Munchak... his comments are usually pretty good and he at least sounds like he knows what he's doing. He's a lot easier to listen to than Fisher.

Fisher just sounded like an idiot with a stuffed nose, stuttering through his sentences.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I can actually sit and watch Munchak speak to the media, but when Fisher spoke, oh God. Fisher and his fisher-speak were the worst. He'd talk and talk and talk and you'd listen as if he's saying something, but he really never said anything. By the end of hearing him, you completely forgot what you asked him.

Munchak is believable.

4. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

He may "sound" like he knows what he's doing (does anyone think that counts for anything, really?) but Fisher was a better coach no doubt. I never understood the flack he got for how he handled the media - a good coach isn't supposed to show his hand.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I hated how Fisher started every single answer by saying "Well" exactly the same way. I could say it with him every time.

6. RavensShallBurn

Why was he a better coach? Sure doesn't seem much better to me. He had a 17 year resume, so people just use that to say he's one of the best in the business... simply not true.

We had countless games in which our team was totally unprepared to play under Fisher... just like what we've seen several times with Munch.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

Look what he is doing in STL. They went from contenders in the Luck sweepstakes to a solid young team on the rise. They had a great draft and picked up a lot of young players with potential. They have improved noticeably on both sides of the ball, especially on defense.

I didn't say he was one of the "best in the business," but he's a better coach than the majority of the other guys in the league.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Good points.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Put your foot down Coach. Sounds like he stopped short of calling Cook's agent a dipsh!+

It's definitely refreshing to hear him address it right on instead of saying that he's not gonna comment on it like Fisher would have. Put Cook and his agent on notice.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

They have the same record as we do. That's all I know.

And how much do you want a bet we finish with a better record than them?

Munchak gave us our best record in three years last season. Fisher had been awful (two back to back seasons with 6 game losing streaks). The game has evolved a lot - and he hasn't adapted to the changes.

But for whatever reason, even with those 6 game losing streaks, most fans still loved Fisher and he was considered a top 5 HC. Like I've said before... he could write a book on how to be a mediocre coach and keep a job forever. He was a fraud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar