Munch: "I ain't changin' chit"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wow, rain on my parade.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

There are plenty as has been mentioned here numerous times.

And what about other professional sports? I wonder how the Bulls and Lakers managed to win all those rings with such a low-key coach. Maybe it's because the players were talented and professional?

I can see criticism of Munch for the coordinators he hires, scheme and personnel but people are reaching when they blame his sideline demeanor for Griffin whiffing or the OL sucking.

BTW, was his sideline demeanor good for nine games last season and bad for seven? ;)

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

clueless for 16.

Gotta admit he appeared too be just a spectator when he was miked up.

4. TitanJeff

And the OL appears to be capable of blocking someone. Appearances can be misleading.

Why didn't this same demeanor not translate to a horrible OL all those years he coached that unit?

5. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

Maybe we are looking at the wrong coach.

Perhaps the problem in all of this is Palmer.

The offensive line sure doesn't like his system. As a unit they have under performed for the past 18 games.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

It wasnt a complaint as much as an observation.

7. TitanJeff

Here's where I get on Munch. In his first press conference, he said "Be a pro. Do your job". He talked about accountability. It was refreshing but I don't see it much in action. Maybe he's doing it "behind closed doors" but, if we continue to see the same mistakes, made by the same players, he has to back up his talk with action if he wants anyone to take him seriously.

When Hawkins went in for Reynaud, I wondered if that was the result of a few bad decisions on kickoff returns and Munch was holding him accountable. But he's got to be willing to try other players on the OL, cutting CJ's reps, getting Griffin back to FS, etc.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Another worthless thread about a quote that was never said.

One poster even wants Eddie Gorge to coach the rbs. Dude star players rarely make good coaches! See our offensive line.

As far as emotion is concerned we would have to watch Munch at the meetings and practices. How is he at camp? I used to go all the time but my hours have changed and i didn't this year or last. How is Munch at camp? Hands on, some emotion or just a statue?

9. bikini_titan

bikini_titan Camp Fodder

For sure, people need to get fired up. Coach's expressions never changed the whole game!
    COME ON MAN!

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar