Munch has identified leading candidates for DC and LB coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by chamgel2, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

unlike Cecil, Gray has proven experience as a NFL DC.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It would be a pretty weak comparison. Cecil was a quality coach when Gray was actually constructing decent defenses in Buffalo.

I don't think Cecil is a bad coach, but I think he was grossly under-qualified to be a DC. He might get better, but he's abysmal right now. It's not that his defense failed (which can be a lot of factors), it's HOW it failed. It was very easy to see that the scheme Cecil had was weak and he didn't know how to adjust.

Gray has proven he can be a good DC, because he was in Buffalo. Cecil could never say the same.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I thought Cecil was horrible as DC. I also think he instilled an attitude of cheapness on the defense that was the reason we were among the league leaders in personal fouls.

It's one thing to be tough and hard hitting it is another to be cheap.

Certainly this was not a smart defense or a very focused one.

As for Gray he took average players and got better than average results. Maybe not consistent results or dominant results but his defenses averaged 13th in total D which most of us would take.

We also know that Gray will run a 4-3 that better suits our personnel but will feel free to change things up and be creative. He has experience so he won't be learning on the job. I loved him as a player.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Lots of rumors swirling on Gray right now. Most say it's his job if he wants it but is choosing to stay at Texas.

He may be using it to get a little extra $$$ from the Longhorns.

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Sounds like gray is staying at texas. What direction do we go now? Also I do not see why we would want Callahan from the jets as OC.

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

No Grey for DC and no Callahan for OC
    This is a good early look on how Munch takes pressure...
    What will you do now Munch?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar