Munch did RB by committee this week... Now keep it that way.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GeronimoJackson, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Not a CJ hate thread...

Ok, so finally even (most at least) the CJ apologists have admitted he's worthless unless he gets holes the size of India and we hold his hand across the street. Well, our o-line isn't going to do that, so what we did against the Colts, playing RB by committee, we need to do every week for the rest of the season.

CJ should still start but no more of this "let's make sure CJ gets his minimum touches" crap. Whoever earns more playing time should get more playing time... like yesterday's game. So if CJ starts off the game with 5 carries for 1 yard again and starts killing drives, then Ringer comes in. If CJ is killin' the defense instead, then CJ stays in.

The reason I'm against totally benching CJ is because if that one giant gaping hole does open up, Ringer doesn't have the home run ability.

Play the hotter hand more, simple as that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We got like 70 yards against the one of the worst run defenses in the league. We still have a long way to go.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. GeronimoJackson

^ Well I wasn't implying our running game was back to 08 form lol. The point of this thread is RB by committee is going to more effective than forcing the rock to CJ.

Because honestly, Ringer really isn't that good but he is the best of the worst.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ringer runs harder, he runs hungry. He is also more effective as a receiver.

No question who the better back was yesterday.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Ringer could be like Ray Rice, great hands, small body that can sneak through the line.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Im just heartened that MM changed 'something' at all.

Ringer was more effective than CJsideways against the ponies, no denying that.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I wish and hope you're right. I love Javon Ringer (even back at his days at MSU). Glad he's finally getting a shot and hope he makes something of hisself.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

“I always want to be out there going to war with my team” - CJSideways post ponies game.

about that holdout and your desire too be with your teammates there goldgrill...

9. GeronimoJackson

I'd like to see Jamie Harper get some carries too, the guy was impressive in preseason.

People make bad investments in life, it happens, and we did so in CJ, and eventually you gotta' accept you f'd up and move on before digging yourself in a deeper hole.

10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'd like to see Harper some as well, but from what I've seen so far, it isn't looking too good. I understand he 'impressed' some people in preseason, but he looks soft and timid (at least from the carries I have seen in the regular season).

I'm gonna go out on a limb (calculated risk) and say Ringer breaks a big one before CJ. Ringer can hit the homeruns...if Lendale can break an 80 yard TD scamper I think Ringer can. I don't care what the line was like back then..neither should you (edit: no one in particular) because it only takes the right player and the right play call.

I also agree CJ still needs to get his carries, but I think we should be start Ringer at some point. There may be a game where we need a score on the first drive. Let CJ keep some of his ego intact and start him another week or two, but if he keeps struggling with limited carries then Ringer should get the starts (if Ringer keeps performing as he did last week).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar