Munch and Washburn

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

These two position coaches have probably gotten more support from fans than Fisher over the years. But we've seen some of the worst play from the interior OL this season I can remember and the penalties and missed assignments are a direct reflection on the position coach, IMO. Same for Washburn. His DTs have been pushed around most of the season and the offside penalties are a reflection of the coach.

For those of you who are ready to say goodbye to Fisher, how can you justify keeping either?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

the OL has been horrible this year and all of the penalties are a reflection of the coach. as for wash and the D-line he dont exactly have a deep pool of talent to work with but all of the offsides penalties really hurt.

really wouldnt mind seeing ether go though. we need a whole new coaching staff from top to bottom

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

A new coach might try to keep one or both but if Fisher gets the ax, I see them both leaving and I'm not certain it isnt a good idea. I think this franchise needs a new blood fresh start top to bottom. Both have been great bringing in undervalued talent and getting the most from them but it seems all the coaching is going to those not on the starting lines. Case in point, Kevin Matthews came in for a few plays on Sunday and I loved seeing him drive block with scott and clear out the side for a good run gain. Why this doesnt happen with the starters play after play I dont know.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Just clean house.

There will be plenty of quality head coaches, offensive coordinators, defensive coordinators, and other coaching positions available.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Who says we're justifying it? Actually I think our OL's been ok, it's hard to run against 8-man fronts, but as we saw as late as Sunday, we keep doing it for some reason.

On the DL I'd be inclined to agree with you, however you could argue that we've been hit hard by injuries to Brown and Jones. And regarding penalties, has any looked up if Babin accounts for more than 50% of them? I swear it seems like it...

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I have no issue with cleaning house.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm ready to wash my hands of anything Fisher has touched. Normally those are two top notch coaches, but the last 3 months have been bad.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think they are both good coaches but wouldn't mind seeing them go at this point. I believe an entire house cleaning is in order. Everyone needs to be held accountable for this pathetic season. Even "Wash" and "Munch".

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

We thought getting rid of Schwartz was a good idea too.
    "FIRE JIM SCHWARTZ!!!"

he would have been a better head coach this year for the Titans than Fisher.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

^This^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar