Mularkey COTY?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by altitan, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol @ people acting like Jason Garrett being the likely choice is because of "the media" or upset that someone like Mularkey wouldn't be considered instead.

Are you serious?

Rookie QB.
    Rookie RB
    and went from 4-12 to the best record in the NFL...

And you guys are acting all "OH OF COURSE they'd GIVE it to the Cowboys"...

Seriously?

Vs a dude that's barely breaking even? Gtfoh....

2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

There was roughly 3 mins left? If the game had been tied or even if Titans are up 1 at that point, KC would be playing much more aggressively and we couldn't stop the clock. All they needed to do was drive down for a FG and win it with very little time remaining.

To me, kc playing to run out the clock is what allowed the win. If they were playing to get a fg to win that would have put a lot more pressure on the D. So the missed 2 may have been a blessing in disguise.

I'd rather have the 1 point lead and a stop on D for the win rather than a tie and a stop for OT with the weather and the way the game was going. Just so happens we got the stop and enough time to go for the win.

3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Dallas has been a good team for a while. 1 season under .500 while Garrett has been the coach...that's last year when Romo played 4 games.

Not like he had to do some major things to get Dallas back to contenders. Simply get an average QB and Dallas would be back to where they left off with a healthy Romo. Just so happens Dak and Elliot are very good.

Mularkey inherited a team that won 5 games in 2 years prior and has them knocking on the door of the playoffs. That's much more impressive than an already good team getting a competent QB and RB again.

Do I think Mularkey should win it? I don't really care either way... But he's done a lot more work to a bad team to get them here than what Dallas had to do to get back to where they were when Romo was healthy. He should at least be in consideration for turning around one of the worst teams in the league over the last few years in his first full year coaching the Titans.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

McCourty was no loss anyway.
    Totally agree with this. I still don't agree with going for 2, but the fact that they missed it, made Andy Reid play Fisherball in that last drive.

I doubt Mularkey and Co. foresaw this scenario, but it worked out perfectly. Mariota executed to perfection on the final drive, which I doubt they foresaw that, either.

Perfect storm, turned a negative to a positive

5. iQon

iQon Starter

Anybody else remember when folks would hammer Fisher for not doing things like... trick plays, going for 2, and onside kicks?

Now it seems like we hate Mularkey for doing these things?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

well I mean, if you are going to run trick plays, at least do something that seems like it would work. They run these plays where you think " wtf was even supposed to happen there?"

I dig the onside kicks, and even going for 2. I wasnt like destroyed when we missed that 2 point conversion. You want to go for the win, you have to accept that you might lose. it is what it is. I said after that failed 2 last weekend, at least we went down swinging.

Some of our trick plays are good, like the flea flickers, HB pass, other are just like not that creative, and there really is never a good time to "experiment" during an NFL game, and sometimes I feel like that is what they are doing with some of those plays.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

because they are experimenting with the plays still

most teams do what they're going to do and stick with it at this point in the season, but our playbook is so "exotic", takes time to weed out the bad stuff that looks good Monday-Friday...

Thats been one of my issues with these coaches, theyre switching it around a little too much, we know we have 2 bruiser RB's we can force feed the ball to, yet we're still doing trick plays that dont cut it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar