Muchack top choice for Penn State task force

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ScotTitan, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We had the whole choose VY or Fisher thing. We chose Fisher and then fired him?

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It was kind of like the Judgement of Solomon parable in the Bible. Both Fisher and VY were like, "Go ahead and cut that baby in half, I want the head." and the front office was like, "Man, we gotta start over...":clown:

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Fixed.

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i hate the phrase FML since it's so overused and shallow, but i admit i did laugh at that..

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

He was definitely gracefully let go. If Fisher had not resigned then he would have been fired. Bud just let him go with as much dignity as possible under the circumstances.

6. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

I hate it so much I keep forgetting what it means :|

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Harbaugh was not on the market. The 49ers got him right away.

The mistake was not just firing Fisher right after the season so we had the time to consider, interview and vett all possibilities. We could have brought in 3 super bowl winning coaches for interviews.

I think ultimately Munch will prove himself to be a great hire. There are people here who will complain about a cure for all cancers. Most of those types also prove their ignorance everytime they post.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

/\
    .l
    see above

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

My point is that the writing was on the wall- both VY and Fisher were going to be gone. The FO (and/or Bud) apparently waited to fire Fisher for some reason but went ahead with it after the issue of hiring his son came up. I believe/agree he should have been fired sooner than he was. I believe the FO knew Fisher had to go. The delay to fire him cost the Titans an opportunity to be in the running for Harbaugh.

In regards to Munchak- he has done an "OK" job. Let's not kid ourselves- we lost several winnable games. I believe coaching was a major factor in those losses. We should be skating into the wildcard spot easily. I'm not totally down on Munchak, but I AM totally impressed with what Jim Harbaugh has done with the 49'ers. That's my only point- it appears the "plan" was to hire from within long before Fisher was ever actually fired. That philosophy/plan put us at a loss to acquire the best HC available. Is Harbaugh a better HC than Munchak? Based on this year's results, it would appear so. Hopefully Munchak guides this franchise next year to make it appear otherwise.

10. CaptainQuick

CaptainQuick Starter

I thought Fish decided to leave on his own...maybe I'm wrong. I don't think Harbaugh had any intentions on leaving the west coast and would probably still be at Stanford if the San Fran job wasn't available...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar