Muchack top choice for Penn State task force

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ScotTitan, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We just need Bud Adams to go away. That man is just as looney as they come.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Sadly, I agree. I do wish he could enjoy at at least ONE Lombardi for his long tenure of league participation but it is about being the best team, not the longest tenure. I think his strictly business approach hindered his chances throughout his career as an owner.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If Fisher wanted to be Head Coach of the Tennessee Titans for the 2011 season he could have been. He quit, he wasn't fired.

4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Thank our lucky stars he did quit.The game passed him by and he was holding our team back with his archaic ways.I appreciate him but he should've just left after the failed 8-8 season in 2009 coming off a 13-3 year in 2008.He said in '09 he had the best roster yet but it didn't translate to wins.By 2010 you could tell he was tired,worn down and burnt out.He was a good coach but somewhere down the line it passed him by and things weren't working anymore.I think in 2010 he also lost the team and the locker room especially after his silly feud with Vince.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What bugs me the most is that he re-signed Chuck Cecil for 2011.

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

That move right there proved Fisher was clueless.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Later on Thursday, the Titans released an offical statement: "We will be forever appreciative of Jeff Fisher's leadership and accomplishments through his time with our franchise. We reached some of our greatest heights and experienced some unforgettable moments during his tenure.
    "After the season was complete, we had numerous discussions on the direction of the team and were pleased that we were moving forward with Jeff at the helm. Since that time, it became evident that consensus was increasingly hard to find and reality wasn't matching the vision we discussed. It is unfortunate that this decision is coming at this juncture, but we believe that we have reached the point where change is in the best interest of both parties.
    "We will start the head coaching search tomorrow. We expect to talk to a broad and diverse group of candidates. We are confident the coaching pool still has a number of quality candidates that can lead our football team."
    The Titans also included a statement from Fisher, which read: "I want to thank Mr. Adams and the organization for a special 17 years. I can't thank the fans enough for the support they showed us through the years; it has been a tremendous experience. We all did our very best and I think I can look back with fond memories and be very proud of what we accomplished. I want to wish the organization, the current players and the fans nothing but the best in the future."
    The team scheduled a news conference for Friday with Fisher expected to attend to discuss the first coaching change since the franchise relocated to Tennessee from Houston in 1997. One of the leading candidates to replace Fisher is Mike Munchak, the Titans offensive line coach. The Hall of Famer is a favorite of Adams.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/01/27/titans-jeff-fisher/index.html#ixzz1hsj9oL8V

Sounds like Fisher drew a line in the sand and Bud told him where to put it.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He was forced to resign.

Basically means he was fired politely.

So no, regardless of what he wanted- he was done. Leaving was the only choice he had.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

After we backed him 2 weeks earlier. Doubt it.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Backed him? By doing what? It's not as if we wanted the guy dead. He sucked, and so was fired for it... far too late, but still.

Check the article a few posts up. It was clear Fisher was shown the door and everyone knew he was done before it happened...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar