MSNBC reaches on this one...collusion between the Titans and Colt??? Idiotic

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I doubt Kellen Winslow Jr. can figure out why he should be angry, but I bet he gets angry anyways

2. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

he a soulja! him don't care bout no tennessee! its all bout da U! I guess its now all bout da Browns.... If they would have beat the Kentucky Bengals we could be the ones crying after a ten win season with no playoffs.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The collusion assertion is ridiculous, but it's only coming about because people are pissed off that the browns missed it. I'll admit it, if it was the browns v. any other team fighting to go to the playoffs, I'd be pulling for them too. The underdog story is always lovable, and fuels this sort of speculation.

What really happened? Dungy decided that there was no reason to risk his players with a desperation last effort, and conceded. It's not unusual, but the media doesn't see it that way because of their sympathy for cleveland. Too bad for them.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

http://www.titansonline.com/news/titans_news_detail.php?PRKey=5508

(on if he knew that Colts head coach Tony Dungy would not utilize the team’s last timeout)

I knew that he was not going to use it, yes. Let me just say, I knew he wasn’t going to use it. Tony and I were on the competition committee for a long time.

(on why he estimates Dungy did not use the timeout)

Probably because he would have gotten the ball back with about 25 seconds and we would have kicked the field goal and he would have been down by nine (points). It didn’t make any sense. They gave it their best shot. You get three more plays or such – at lease one more play – and you’ve got an injury risk, or what have you. I don’t know. It’s hard for me to explain why he didn’t do it. That was his choice. That also goes with why he played who he played and for how long. That was Tony’s prerogative. They’re the World Champs and we were just happy to be able to kneel it.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Nuff said.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I would have loved to been a fly on the wall in a Cleveland bar during the Titan Colts game.

Would have been A LOT of curses and flying chairs me thinks.

7. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

Happens anyway; what else is there to do? :gag:

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Yea, the Titans were given the game in a competitive manner. What's the big deal? They can get the middle finger!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar