Mozilla FireFox, Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Gear' started by LT21Titans27, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leefrone

leefrone Camp Fodder

i must warn you though, the more extensions you get, the longer it takes to load firefox when you start it up.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Guys. Forget IE forget Firefox. I showed alot of my buddies this browser and they havent changed sence.

www.avantbrowser.com

im serious once you start using it you wont even change again.

Tabs , Bookmarks , script blocker , java blocker , picture blocker , ect.

auto fills... like when i wanna login to gotitans i click autofill then go down to gotitans and it puts my login info in for me. if i wanna login to myspace i click myspace and bam. logs me in right away.

I highly reccomend it. I never liked firefox.. idk why. and IE is too bugy.

Avant is the way to go.

They dont call it the fastest browser on earth for nothing

:))

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Okay, so I've got it here now. Why are there IE icons all over it?

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

You can change the icons to whatever you want. You can download a whole bunch of skins for it. its in the avant browser forum on there site.

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Ya know what. Scratch the last thing I said.

Dont use Avant Browser. I decided I was going to try to use FireFox a few minutes ago to give it one last try and I did a few searches on Yahoo and got the add ons that I wanted and now I love it.

I have no idea why but I need to hear that click sound every time I click enter or click on a link. I just have like a mental (lol) blockage in my head where if I dont hear the click I go crazy. LOLLL

I also got the Screen Grab add on so I can take full screen shots of sites , or a portion of the site.

I got the video down loader so I can grab videos from youtube , myspace , ect.

I got the window tab add on so I can put the tabs on the bottom of the browser.

I transfered all my Avant bookmarks and shortcuts to Fire Fox.

I think thats about it. Yeah so this is running pretty smooth. I probably wont ever go back to IE , Avant , ect.

Fire Fox rules!

lol

Only thing im having trouble with is. On Myspace Fire Fox seems to center everything and it dosen't break the page. Meaning it has like an endless run on. Like on comments , if someone dosen't press return to go to another line it will just keep going and going and going.

Like this for example.

www.myspace.com/therealratedrsuperstar

for thoes of you who use firefox do you see how the page looks absolutly huge? Its because someone left a comment with like a thousand periods.

Is there a setting somewhere on firefox where I can fix this? Maybe like a setting that has auto break points on web pages or something along thoes lines?

If so please help. That would be the final thing id need to make this be awesome

6. Because AvantBrowser is IE. It just has a new face on it. Frankly, I don't think it serves any purpose now that IE7 is out for those who are able to upgrade.

Firefox is the best browser bar none (unless you have a Mac).

And for what it's worth, Mozilla Thunderbird is the best free email app as well. It completely thrashes Outlook Express. People who use Outlook would probably like it more, too, if they don't need anything but email (i.e. if they don't need the calendar or Exchange Server).

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Safari..

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I always use Safari on my G5; but on my stupidazzed cheapo Dell notebook I have IE, Firefox, Avant, and Opera. Of those four, I know which one I DON"T want. I'm still playing with the others to decide.

That Avant browser was hinting like it was running IE and Firefox both at the same time...like it's some kind of integrating program. That makes me a little nervous.

9. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

It doens't matter what kind of "security" programs you have running.

If your browser is vulnerable, it bypasses security measures, which is why it is called a vulnerability.

Firewalls and antivirus, even intrusion detection will not protect you against an exploit that targets running software.

And like SK says, IE is the worst because of ActiveX scripts. Java and JavaScript is safer.

Running FireFox with the Adblock Plus, and the NoScript extensions makes your browser relatively safe.
    It puts the user back in control rather than assuming that sites are to be trusted.

Trends in compromising systems rely on using weak browsers and compromised web sites more often. Secure operating systems have been demonstrated to share this type of weakness. If a website can get your browser to act against you, it can bypass all of your other carefully laid security plans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar