Mozilla FireFox, Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Gear' started by LT21Titans27, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

What is the difference, I see alot of people use Mozilla, I use the newest Internet explorer, and I think its pretty good, but can someone tell me the pros and cons for each one???

2. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

they both have the same purpose, not really sure what the pros and cons are though

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Not sure about the latest Explorer but the previous versions had a number of security issues & bugs.

I switched to Mozilla about 9 months ago after getting sick of webpages not opening properly. I'll never go back to Exporer.

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

It seems as if Microsoft products are more subject to attack, so I switched to Mozilla some time ago for security reasons.

5. Firefox is more secure because it doesn't use ActiveX, which is MS software that lets programs run and install through IE. Some sites won't work without AxtiveX, but they are the exception to the rule as most sites work just fine with Firefox.

IE7 is more secure than IE6, but I still suggest Firefox.

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

OoO, well i dont have to worry bout that bc i have a mean *** security system, i take care of my computer, nothing gets passed it, so i guess i dont have to worry, im pretty computer savy if i do say so myself, i like IE, i havent had the page problem, but if i ever do ill go to firefox, i did have aol explorer for a while cuz i liked the look, but it had problems loading so i went back to IE

7. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Screw them both,go with Opera :cool:

8. ONUV

ONUV Starter

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

IE tab is a nice plug in that allows you to open tabs in IE from within Firefox. I prefer Firefox for general browsing, but I still need IE in order to properly display my Outlook web access and my MS Server remote access functions.

10. leefrone

leefrone Camp Fodder

firefox has extensions you can install that let you do stuff like - download all the links on a page at once, customize tab behavior/preferences, customize the interface like which buttons you want, added features like undo closed tab or duplicate tab which are not standard in firefox. You can also install all kinds of toolbars for google, web developement, xml viewers, any many more. i like firefox alot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar