Moving To Nashville Soon

Discussion in 'Nashville' started by Brew City, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I've been seriously contemplating moving to the Nashville area by next year. I was just trying to get a feel for what areas to move to on a small budget. Looking for a 1 bedroom apartment at a decent price, but still kind of in the City. Any areas to look for or avoid would be greatly appreciated.

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Not sure what you're budget is but I would say that East Nashville or "The Nations" would be your best bet.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

The crime rate is higher in East Nashville.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Hipster land.. heads up Milwaukee.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You might get more specific advice if you could define "small budget". What's the max you can realistically spend on rent?

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I lived in East Nashville from birth until around 6 or so I have a soft spot in my heart for it. But yeah, today it's hipster central. Quite different from when I lived there lol.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Nashville is apparently big for Hipsters:

[​IMG]

8. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I can spend about $800 / month on rent. I'm not a hipster, but I live in hipster central here too. That doesn't really bother me.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

there was an article in the paper that had Nashville avg rent at 892.00 so you are close. Just depends on what area of town you want to live.

Sawdustman, I grew up in East Nashville and graduated from East in 68. I have seen that area of town change a lot.

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

If you want to live "in town" then East Nashville or the Nations (Charlotte area) are your two best choices for that rental range. Otherwise check like Bellvue area. My daughter (25) lived in East Nashville for awhile. She liked it but rent was going up. Found a place in the Nations off 51st and really likes it over there. Of course being "in town", areas are sketchy at times, but plenty of good places to eat...ML Rose, Coco's Italian Market, and of course...Bobbi's Dairy Dip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar