Movin out: TV recommendations

Discussion in 'Gear' started by maximus, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If I spend 1k on a TV, it better be over 50 inches. I can't force myself to do otherwise. If refurbed is a bad idea, i'll just get a used bravia for cheap on craigslist or something.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it wasn't that long ago that a 50" $1,000 TV was unheard of

keep in mind that if the TV sux to begin with ... it'll be even more exposed magnified to a 50" screen
    screen size is directly proportional to seating distance

3. Deuce Wayne

Yeah, I understand that. But used, I can get a nice 47 inch or so for 900. With high res and all. Maybe, a better way to say it is - if I'm spending over 1k, i'm gonna go all out. But I'm not spending 1k on a tv that'll be outdated in a couple years. Just not a wise investment. Like buying a brand new chevrolet.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

so you'll spend $100 less on one that's already out of date and refurbished to boot ? I don't see the logic

and btw..... what TV do you consider to be out of date in a few years
    it aint gonna be the Panasonics, unless we all of a sudden move to 1440p

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you keep mentioning this phantom refurb without coughing up the brand or tech

6. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Best plan; don't move out and live at home forever. Haven't you ever seen Will Ferrell as Chazz Reinhold in the Wedding Crashers?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"ma! the meatloaf!"

8. Deuce Wayne

Reading comes in handy on a forum.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I must have totally missed that

that's a pretty good deal on that set
    wanna share from where ? :yes:

10. Deuce Wayne

I found it by way of froogle a while back. I've searched a couple times for that set and found almost the same price. Months apart on the searches.
    But of course, now when I search I can't find it. Here's the site I bookmarked though:
    http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=52HMX95x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar