Movin out: TV recommendations

Discussion in 'Gear' started by maximus, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

I'll be moving out sometime this summer it looks like. I also be in the market for a TV.
    Here are my preferences
    1. Flat Panel (don't mind a rear projection)
    2. HD
    3. Easy compatibility with PS3 (which I will be getting soon after I move)
    4. Quality of picture
    5. Affordability
    It's gonna be hard to find a TV that meets all 5 preferences, so if you know of others that might not meet all the preference, please suggest them as well.

Any other help in this area would be nice
    Thanks

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

well, if you're moving out on your own for the first time, i doubt you'll have the money for one of the big-name brands, which is fine, you can barely tell a difference in the picture.

i bought this one when it was on sale for like $400 a few months back and i'm very satisfied.

http://www.olevia.com/en-us/Products/2Series/232VLCDHDTV.aspx

my buddy bought this one a few weeks after i got mine(also on sale), and the picture is slightly better when it comes to video games.

http://www.vizio.com/products/detail.aspx?pid=25

the best piece of advice i can give you is to wait until the beginning of football season, that's when all HD tvs go on sale.

3. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Check out an ilo 32" Widescreen LCD HDTV Monitor w/ HDMI

I did get mine at Wal-Mart; bought it because it was selling for under $600 at the time. I've had it for over a year and I'm very happy with it. The only thing I'm unsure of is the PS3 compatability as I don't own a gaming system. I'd ask first with regards to PS3, but this tv is great for the price.

4. maximus

maximus Starter

I've been saving up for the last year to move out. Price is nice. By the time I move, I should have at least 3000 to spend.
    I've got most of what I need in the kitchen.
    Furniture is gonna set me back about $500 hundred for what I'll be getting.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

My parents are giving me a 20 inch CRT TV. It should get me long enough that I hit up the HDTV sales in August.
    Thanks for the advice

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the size of the screen will determine quite a bit

7. maximus

maximus Starter

I want a TV in the 32" range.
    Big enough to see from my futon, small enough that it doesn't take up to much space

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

9. maximus

maximus Starter

I've got 3G, but I'm only budgeting around 1500 to move out.
    Bed, Desk, Mattress included in 1500.

If I 3G to spend on a TV, I wouldn't have any trouble spending it

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i saw a 32" Vizio at like Kmart for $600
    if that's what you're into

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar