Movies you dislike that everyone else seems to love...

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Deuce Wayne, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtenn

wtenn Starter

I absolutely hated "Remember the Titans" and "Invincible," as they were supposed true stories that utilized very little truth in their telling. I also didn't care for "Field of Dreams" and I thought that "Talladega Nights" was unwatchable. Oh, and I didn't care for "The English Patient," "Shakespeare in Love," and I liked "Saving Private Ryan" alright, but not as much as most people did (I would take "Band of Brothers any day of the week.")

2. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

uh.... you sure this is how you meant to type this comment?

3. Sappersis

You know what i LOATHE? Its "film makers" who assume their oppinion means more than the rest of the population because they "know a thing or two."

How many film makers do you know? How many were in your classes at school? I had 32 other film students in my theatre major. (that number is low because its not including the tcom students) Multiply that by 4 for each graduating class currently at a University 128. Lets assume each state has one university that offers film classes (again numbers are low considering almost ALL universites offer them these days) over 6400 ... ALL THOSE STUDENTS HAVE DIFFERING OPPINIONS ON WHAT IS GOOD AND WHAT ISN'T. I agree with some of your oppinions (Raging Bull is one of my favs) and disagree with some of your oppinions (Boondock Saints: I think the cheese factor is the point "really should have been rule of wrist" I laugh) I think if there is a burden its that you are pretentious in your viewing, not that the directors are pretentious is thier choices.

4. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

borat
    anchorman
    any will ferrell movie where he is the lead
    reservoir dogs

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

That's absolutely ridiculous. Because I'm a film maker you think i'm pretentious in my viewing? For your information, for the directors I brought up they've been quoted as being EXTREMELY pretentious. Lars Von Trier was quoted as saying "I haven't done it for you or an audience so I don't think I owe anyone an explanation,". That is in very poor taste. I make films so that I can put something into the world, good ole Lars just wants to soak in his scarf laden hipster fanbase while he fanticises about not being a Bergman rip off.

Yes, I cannot argue that people have differing opinions. I can say what you want, and you can say what you want...that is the beauty of art, my friend.

6. Sappersis

Do I think you're pretentious... prob. not. I don't really know you that well. I do think, however, that past post came off as extrememly pretentious.

Do I think that if you were it's due to your being a filmmaker? Uh... that would be the pot and kettle. Just because you judge a film by what you know does not mean such a thing. Again I was just trying to point out that your post came off wrong. I agree about LVT, but I don't think he is pretentious... just an arrogant a-hole.

I do, however, think its wrong to ever end your post with I know this because I'm an art student. Art students are able to produce, but when interpretting someone else's work they are stuck on the same level as everyone else in the world. There is nothing wrong with your being a film student. If you have any of your work I'd honestly be happy to see it... I just don't think you want to end your statement claiming oppinion as fact due to your choice of study. Gloat has a habbit of doing that... Love him or hate him its still annoying when he does it. Same can be said.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol @ "I'm a film maker, so I know a thing or two".

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Back on topic:

Borat - I didn't laugh once.
    I'm 100% with Avvie on 40-yr old virgin
    There's Something About Mary - I didn't see it until after it had been hyped to death and I just didn't enjoy it
    Pulp Fiction - just found it boring.
    Moulin Rouge - Only movie ever that actually prompted me to walk out of the cinema.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

The Notebook
    Kangaroo Jack
    Twilight
    Benjamin Button
    And Carpy im with you, Borat was whack and gay

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Borat might be "whack and gay"... if you're gay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar