Movies you dislike that everyone else seems to love...

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Deuce Wayne, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

^ Take The Money and Run is a classic.. Anything post Sleeper can suck it though

2. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

well, thank you for telling me how to post...

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'll add Oliver Stone and his "platoon" of over-hyped movies to the list.
    Better writer than director..

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

:)

I'm just messin' around... I was lucky I didn't get dragged to that crap movie. Unfortunately, I was dragged to Confessions of a Shopaholic.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

platoon is so overrated. the only two movies I enjoyed of Oliver Stones' were The Doors and Natural Born Killers.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

That eyeshadow you were trying on at the MAC counter isn't your color at all, dude. Stick with the amber browns.

7. ryangm2123

ryangm2123 Reynaldo Hill's #1 Fan

The Departed - it seems like every time it comes up in conversation and i mention that i didnt like it everyone jumps down my throat. it was an alright plot but the killings were all the same thing to me, one shot to the head and a little blood and then they are dead. i guess i need a little more variation
    it doesnt help that im not the biggest leo fan

Full Metal Jacket - recently saw for the first time because i knew it was a classic that i should see and was disappointed. it started off great in boot camp but it seemed like it took way too long to build up to the actual vietnam part, and once it got there it ended very abruptly for me. i suppose there are many very memorable lines from the movie but all in all i finished watching and said "that's it?"

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm on the verge of jumping down your throat as well. I'm not a Leo fan at all, but I really liked this movie.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think Leo's pretty underrated, myself. But I did enjoy The Departed. Academy Award worthy? Maybe not, but still a very enjoyable film.

and lol @ Creeping. Ah, I love it when people like you pull the "you don't get it" card. Yes, you're right. Because the movies I mentioned are far too complex to follow, right?
    Are you serious?

This is the common cop-out that people use when others name a movie they thought was brilliant as stale.

Adding:

The Matrix - And their fan base says the same thing. "You just don't get it". It's not deep. There's nothing to get. It's a try-hard movie that should have been watered down just to save it from being way too pretentious and completely annoying.
    The Architect scene with Carlin was the best example of forced vocabulary and nonsensical babble ever.
    Very weak series of movies. Plus, Keanu sucks. If Keanu can read the script... using 'you don't get it' is not the route to take.

10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

The only reason The Departed won an Oscar was because Scorsese hadn't won one yet. Still, it's a great movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar