Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

It wasn't difficult to follow. I am no physics major and I didn't get lost so I'm sure you won't be left scratching your head.

Plus it has one of the best tear jerking scenes in a while lol.

@SawdustMan . Did you get choked up at any point? I don't want to say when because it's a spoiler.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

There were a few parts that tugged at the ole heartstrings.

When he's watching the video messages from his son as he's growing up and the message from his daughter on her birthday. And of course the end when he reunites with his daughter on her death bed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I'm a softie most of the time anyways but I watched most of the theater with tears in their eyes after

He comes off of the first planet and his kids were grown

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

You guys talking about tears, I was more of on the edge of my seat with sweaty palms lol. I haven't had a movie make me be like that in some time.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I went into Interstellar expecting some next level space truckin from Nolan - but I personally don't think it lived up to the hype (or the delivery of stuff like Inception).
    If you've seen Contact and the various more recent Mars and Moon movies then Interstellar will feel very similar.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Both have Matthew... COINCIDENCE?!

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Haven't seen Contact since it first came out and don't remember a ton about it. But Interstellar worked for me. I wouldn't say it was Nolan's best but I also don't think it's out of the ballpark of his best efforts.

8. Aqutis30

It took me a bit longer to get my head wrapped around Inception than Interstellar lol. Inception is just brilliant story and film making.

The thing I liked most about Interstellar is that almost all of the space graphics used in the movie, particularly Gargantua and the Wormhole are not based on imagination, but on actual physics equations. Kip talked about how the rest was more on educational guesses. The images of Saturn are from Kepler. The movie stretched the boundaries of of what's real and what theoretically could happen or would be like.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I definitely appreciate those aspects of the known galaxy being represented.
    Though I think that movies in general haven't imagined visual representation of breaching the event horizon in a way that feels real though. I guess until someone goes into one with a camera we won't know.

10. Aqutis30

I agree on this aspect. Everything that happened once he dropped the Ranger into the Event Horizon was beyond what we would think would happen or appear to be real. For instance, when he passed into the Singularity, and he ejected from the Ranger, he should of instantly been torn apart molecule by molecule, or atom by atom according to scientist knowledge of Black Holes. But he sort of just floated in oblivion for a few minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar