Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

@nickmsmith

I personally can't wait for Doctor Strange, I love the director and think he's going to nail it. Civil War has a good shot of being my favorite MCU movie after it comes out, I have that much faith in the Russo brothers. GotG 2 seems to set up another gem and hopefully get them on a path to Earth. Spider-Man will be pretty big and Thor 3 wraps everything up before the next Avengers movie.

I don't mind them introducing a lot of characters because they'll need them in the fight with Thanos and I really enjoy seeing new characters get their own movie instead of seeing another Iron Man movie or more Thor/Captain America's. Even the Black Widow rumor I hope gets shot down and don't want to see another solo Hulk.

I differ about RDJ. I think he does a fantastic job. I have my own theory that he becomes head of SHIELD eventually once Jackson's contract runs out, maybe even they truly kill him off this time. Happened in the comics and this is a way for the studio to keep a big name and have a minimal impact on losing a character.

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Cumberbatch will nail Strange.

3. The Playmaker

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I could go with Stark as head of Avengers.

And to elaborate a little more:
    Natasha Romanov was a cold as ice, bad to the bone mercenary, who was interesting because she was a closed book...
    now, all of the sudden, she's a scared little damsel, who just wants to fall in love and run away from everything. Just out of the blue.. It made her character less intriguing by the minute. And it started from the very start of the movie, not from any certain event in it.. It's like they just threw that in, because otherwise, her and Hulk wouldn't have much of a place in the film, except for some action scenes.

And all the time dedicated to Hawkeye, to me it seemed like they owed Renner a favor, because he should never be anything more than a minor complimentary character, IMO.

And they should have left Nick Fury dead in the last movie.. Would have been for the best.

5. The Playmaker

As far as Widow goes, I agree. I feel like it started as her trying to calm down the Hulk and then maybe grew into something more? I still don't like it. Marvel had a total badass as a female character and now trying to make her someone's girlfriend for the hell of it, wonder how the female fans think of that?

They did owe Hawkeye and glad he got his screen time, I'm a big Renner fan so I was fine with him being one of the lead guys. Whedon says he tries to give more time and bigger roles to the characters that don't get their own movies, he was obviously talking about Hawkeye the most in that interview.

I like how the Russo brothers wrote Black Widow. She opens up a bit but still pretty dark and mysterious, with a bit of humor. Whedon turns her into basically the opposite and we're only reminded of what she used to be during her little flashback scene.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. XO

XO Nevada Native

OH MY ****

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think Hawkeye and Romanov do better in Captain America movies, than in the big scale avengers movies. They do well as the backup/ground/espionage team for Cap.. against Aliens/ (supposed to be) indestructible robots, it seems like it's hokey for them to be involved in the same way that Thor and the Hulk are. But that's just me. It weakens the feel of the enemies when these two skilled, but normal people can easily destroy hundreds of them.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The "Jarvis is my co-pilot" sticker cracked me up.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Here comes..

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

uno momento...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar