Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

Transformers 2 was nominated for an Academy Award.

Suck it haters.
  2. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

See, I hate Parks and Rec because I hate Amy Poelher. Can't stand her or Tina Fey. Somehow they have convinced people that they are funny.
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I didn't like Poehler until Parks. You remember the skits with Wil Ferrel where she would be his 'lover'.......it was like everything she did was a throw back to that. Calm her down a bit and she is funny. Tina Fey....I think is fairly funny.
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Women can be just somewhat funny and be considered hilarious. Once again, women have it easier... aside from the giving birth thing. Thank god I don't have to do that.
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Women generally aren't funny, but that's usually because feminine behavior isn't funny. So many try to "butch" it up and try to hard... so that also doesn't work.

I think Kristen Wiig is funny. Aubrey Plaza is funny. Ellen Degeneres is the funniest female comic I know of.

Part of it is image. Like why Louis CK is the best comic currently. Give a handsome comic his material and people might giggle.
  6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

Ellen is funny because she doesn't try to be funny, she's just a big dork. Since you like English comics, Karl Pilkington is pretty damn funny in his show, An Idiot Abroad.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. 520

520 Starter

That hot one from broad city is funny as ****
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

Nobody thinks Amy schumer on Comedy Central is funny? How about ralphie mays wife? That chick is hilarious
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Most people don't realize just how funny she is as a standup.
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I've seen Schumer open at Zanies a few times and enjoyed it (even though it was always the same set). But everytime I see her in a longer format situations she always ends up getting on my nerves.