Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I hardly find multiple continuity errors nitpicking, but maybe I can just follow a story better than you can.

Generally I invest in story, not just SPOLSIONS, so when the story is neglected or overwritten I notice. I just can't turn off my brain and be one of the popcorn eating masses.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I haven't seen the new X-Men, so I cannot comment. The super hero movie trend is nearing the end of its life IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. XO

XO Nevada Native

I'm pretty sure Singer said to basically ignore the Wolverine movie.

DOFP was meant to reboot the series but in a really clever way.

First Class was really a reboot on its own and DOFP is actually the First Class sequel.

They recognized that Origins: Wolverine and X3 were garbage and should have ever happened.

How do you fix it?

Make a movie where none of the stuff in the original three films and Wolverine never happened.

The original 3 films and Wolverine were just "possible" outcomes from the First Class time line but all of that has been changed due to Wolverine traveling back in time.

The DOFP sequel X Men:Apocalypse will also likely feature time travel further altering the time line so a lot of inconstancies that exist due to DOFP might be tied up with Apocalypse.

Still, they basically said ignore X3 and Wolverine which is kind of an easy way out but I'm glad because those movies are horrible and don't exist in my eyes anyway.

-nerd out

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

How do you figure?

As a genre it has always been around.

Are you not seeing the numbers these movies are bringing in? They are having money fights over at Fox, Disney and WB. They are swimming in gold like Scrooge McDuck.

It might lose some steam but kids and adults alike are not about to stop liking superheros anytime soon.

They are cultural icons.

It might dip for a couple years but it always comes back. It is cyclical.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Ever watch the Cinema Sin videos?

Contains spoilers

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

No. Just... no.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Winter Soldier might be the best cb movie not named dark knight.

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I have to admit that I'm a Fassbender fan boy. Ever since Prometheus and X-Men First Class. I did watch The Counselor with him in it the night before last and it sucked.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I heard The Counselor was god awful...

And I personally hated Prometheus. But I do like Fassbender.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I didn't like Prometheus either but I am not big on the Alien franchise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar