Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I was at Carmike a couple of years back - behind Darrell Waltrip in the popcorn line.
    The kid working the popcorn register was physically impaired with a undeveloped arm so obviously he was a little slow getting things.
    Waltrip is a major douchebag and starts getting all loud about his dissatisfaction with the service and prices etc. Everyone in line was cringing..
    If I was every gonna consider buying from his dealership he lost that sale that day.
    Being a douchebag in public just cost ya a car sale, Darrell...

Theater employees don't make the prices or have anything to do with the quality of the movie.
    Don't like a film or price of popcorn? - it isn't their fault.
    If you feel you're getting the sh*t end of the stick at the theater - consider the sh*t end those kids are getting.
    You know how I coulda told you Movie43 was gonna suck?
    Because 90% of movies in the theater suck.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Who is Darrell Waltrip?

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm surprised to hear he was a douche... He doesn't seem like that kind of guy. I worked at the Circuit City in Cool Springs when I was 16 and he was nice to me when he came in.

I've been getting my oil changed at his dealership for a while now too.

4. RavensShallBurn

Former NASCAR driver... Owns a Honda dealership just outside of Nashville.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

This was not the only time I've encountered Waltrip being a douchebag.
    He was at the table next to us at Sperry's making it quite public that if you didn't like his presidential candidate choice at the time that he doesn't care for you.
    I know a few people that know him and confirm he is not a nice man..

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

7. RavensShallBurn

Neighbors - 1/10

I could not have hated it more... and I had been looking forward to seeing it. Without a doubt it is the worst Seth Rogen movie I've seen... but I've actually liked everything with him in it up to now.

It was a perfect example of a movie that had all of its funny moments shown in the previews.

The theater was absolutely silent the entire movie. No laughs. A few chuckles here and there, but nothing more. There were plenty of people leaving early. For some reason I just kept telling myself it would get better. An hour in it had not gotten any better, but I figured I might as well just finish it at that point.

You have all been warned. You will regret it if you ignore my warning and see it. If you enjoy a movie with about three moderately funny moments over the span of 90 minutes, this movie might be for you though.

I just checked the critic reviews, and surprisingly it has received very high praise. I find that extremely shocking because I considered it on par with Your Highness, Bad Teacher, and That's My Boy. And those were the worst movies I had seen in the past decade.

Project X, a movie with a somewhat similar premise, was above and beyond better than this crap... and Project X is not good.

Lesson learned... don't ever watch a Zac Efron movie. I should have known better.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

They got Neighbors right the first time..

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Very good 'revenge' film I watched over the weekend..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar