Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

Hunger Games is ****ing awful. Just trash. I can't stand it. I'd rather watch Tyler Perry cross dress for an hour and a half.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

I said entertaining.

And as for rather watching Tyler Perry... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THAT is hilarious. Tyler Perry just plain sucks.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Hunger Games just plain sucks. I hate teen fiction. I hate it more when it is made into a movie. I feel like you can insert the same themes into a teen novel and get published. Rinse, repeat.

Girl loves boy + dragons
    Girl loves boy + vampires
    Girl loves boy + authoritarian government
    Girl loves boy + werewolves
    Girl loves boy + aliens

Girl overcomes supernatural/human obstacle to get boy. Sometimes girl or boy dies for love or cause.

Rinse, repeat.

Black people like Tyler Perry. Go start a thread in Taboo if you want to discuss why because it will spiral down hill rather quickly here.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Never seen a Tyler Perry movie either. Just seeing that exchange between "her" and Lurry the Cable Guy in the trailer makes me want to put my fist through the wall.

That said quit busting XOs balls. I'm sure we've all done worse or more embarrassing things in the name of booty.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I didn't care for the love story in Hunger Games but I love the concept.

Watched "We're the Millers" on a friends recommendation.

3/10. Run of the mill romcom. A few funny one liners keep it from being 1/10.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

It was straight cringe for pretty much the entire movie.

For the record I fully believe Tyler Perry is a money hungry homosexual in hiding who hides behind a facade of family and religion.

Mind if I spoil?

Y'all ain't gonna watch that chit anyway.

The movie takes place in Alabama and deals with Madea's niece? being involved with a country white guy. Her mother doesn't know she married a white guy so when Madea and her mother randomly show up for Christmas comedic hijinks take place with slightly uncomfortable racial overtones.
    On the way to her niece Madea stops in a small Alabama town for directions and to use a bathroom. She walks through a door and finds herself in a KKK meeting, comedic hijinks.

Later a white child hides her purse. She crucified the child in class by tying her to a wooden cross with Christmas lights. Really?

The main characters mother spends the entire movie thinking all the white people are racist and are in the KKK until one makes her a pie at the end and she finally sees the light.

I'm not making this **** up.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Hell, I can't blame Tyler Perry one bit. He's one of the highest paid people in all of Hollywood over the past few years. I'd gladly don a gray wig and spout off lame cliches for that kind of scratch.

It is sad that so many people just eat that crap up though.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Agree on Hunger Games. It was a good concept but the end result was just mildly interesting, at best.

But wow, totally disagree on We're the Millers. Sure the story elements were "run of the mill", most comedies are. But I thought it had plenty of laughs. IMO it was easily one of the best non-Apatow/McKay/Rogen&Goldberg comedies of recent years.

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

YOU HEAR DAH ONE BOUT DA STRAY BULLET DAT HIT THE WHITE MAN TELLIN DER JOKE BOUT DAH BLACK DOOD AND 2 RABBIS?

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Oh Madea, you so crazy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar