Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I was waiting on Eve to swallow an entire apple, leaving Mary with cramps and bleeding to death.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I watched two movies over the weekend. Both non-mainstream.

Europa Report 8/10. A manned mission to Jupiter's moon Europa to prove existence of life. A "found footage" type of film, NASA supposedly lent a hand for realism. It was really interesting and I liked the documentary style of the film. Some good effects. Characters were pretty blah. And it's a slow movie, probably too slow for most people. Still a must see newer sci-fi movie for sci-fi fans, imo of course.

Grabbers 5/10. Alien monsters attack and the only immunity is to stay drunk so your blood levels are toxic to them. Sounds awesome! Unfortunately it just wasn't that funny. I did like the monsters in the movie, thought they looked cool. Also slow and much too slow considering it just wasn't that entertaining. Still it had its moments so maybe worth a watch if really bored.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Saw Elysium last night.. 7.5

Way too much social commentary for my liking.. it was obvious too. This was made by the same guy that did District 9, and the characters were alot better in D9. Storytelling better in D9. The droids were underutilized in Elysium, if you ask me. Sharlto Copley was good as Kruger, but he wasn't enough to carry the film. A D9 sequel would have been much better than this, I'd say.

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

Saw "The Butler" tonight.

Solid 8.5/10, would watch again.

Forest Gump for black people is what I got.

Everyone in this movie acted their asses off. The cast (huge) killed it. Alan Rickman played Ronald Reagan and nailed it. They should make a biographical movie on Reagan and insert Rickman again. Robin Williams as Dwight Eisenhower was a bit off. Cyclops did alright as JFK.

Oprah was good, Forest Whitaker should be getting Oscar buzz.

Go see it.

I'd get into the politics and plot of the movie but we would quickly get TABOO'D.

Maybe if some of you see it a thread can be created for discussing the film.

5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

HE AINT CALL THE WHITE HOUSE. THEY CALLED HIM.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

WAIT WHAT??

ALAN RICKMAN ACTED??!

... he was someone other than Alan Rickman for the first time in his career? Must see this.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

It was Ronald Reagan

It didn't take much.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Haha

'You ATC are fired! War on drugs! Take down those solar panels!'

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

Relevant Ronald Reagan.

Probably the most accurate portrayal of Reagan I've ever seen animated.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Saw "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy" last night. Finally, after getting it for Christmas.

8.5/10

Good movie with good actors. Was a little confusing with the flashbacks. Meaning, I did not always realized a flashback was a flashback. Overall very well done though. Also like that they used actual Hungarians to play Hungarians in the movie. Unlike some movies which seem to miss-cast too often -- ie. Nick Cage playing a Ukrainian immigrant in Lord of War :disappointed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar