Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 13 users.
  1. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,444
    I wanted to see Inglorious Basterds but still haven't yet. Need to get on it.
  2. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,274
    Knowing your criticism of Tarantino, there will be some things that'll annoy you, but overall, it's great, I think you'll like it, Christoph Waltz (who was in Django) is worth the admission alone.
  3. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,444
    Nice. I was wondering who he was during Django. He's great.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,934
    It's good to see your terrible clueless opinions also include this topic.

Let me guess, you think Dicaprio is a good actor BECAUSE HE IS REAL GOOD AT SHOUTING, RIGHT?
  4. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,154
    IMO Tarantino makes some of the most consistently entertaining films of the past two decades. I know many rip him for stealing/re-hashing. And those complaints are legitimate. And plenty of people just can't stand his personality (also legitimate). But none of that takes away from me enjoying the films themselves one bit.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,618
    That's my thing with Tarantino. I have seen ALL of this stuff before. He just dusts off Blaxploitation and 70's Drive-In and adds monotonous dialogue. Not that that's not the exact same thing I would do if I made movies - but I wouldn't expect to hailed as a cinematic genius for doing such.

5. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,274
    Bollocks, Tarantino is a genius when it comes to dialogue, Inglourious Basterds alone had 3 of the best dialogues in film...the opening scene, the tavern scene and the strudel scene, I remember my palms were sweaty watching those scenes for the first time. If he wasn't so popular, you'd be praising the hell out of him lol.
  6. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,274
    I don't know if this is just trolling, but Dicaprio is a GREAT actor, and has been since he was like 7, people just hate on him 'cuz he's a pretty boy. Still won't get that Oscar though.
  7. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,075
    :cool2: From 1997 (Can get on DVD) Cop Land:

The film Sylvester Stalone thinks killed his career. It was actually the best role he ever had. Amazing low budget movie. Takes place in a fictional NJ town just outside NYC. Most of the population are NYPD and there is shady stuff going on. Amazing cast who all took a big pay cut to work the film.
    Cast
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,618
    Is anyone else getting this error on the final page of this thread?
    Fatal error: Method XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper::__toString() must not throw an exception in /home/jfuqua/public_html/library/Tinhte/XenTag/PostMessageWrapper.php on line 74