Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

The book is enjoyable for all ages, from teens to young adults to adults. Problem with the movie is that it's very watered down and is targeted for young teens. Also, there's quite a lot of gore in the book and next to nothing in the movie because they were adamant about keeping the movie as PG-13 as you can get and as I said, appealing mainly for young teens.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That and she could have ended the movie in about 45 minutes if she just shot everyone instead of watching everyone around the camp.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Hated the Hunger Games. One of the worst films this year imo.

I put the book down after about 30 pages. I'm beyond over the "teen novel" thing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GeronimoJackson

Are you referring to when Rue told them about their camp with the supplies and the land mines? Keep in mind she wasn't skilled in combat and her game was camping and hunting her prey 1 by 1. How many aimed and accurate shots would she had been able to fire before one of them came at her with a sword.

But I do agree that the movie should have ended in 45 mins, but it should have ended even before the camp scene, it should have ended when they first chase her up a tree, that's where dumb happened when Cato actually agreed to wait her out lol. That one bad chick only tried shooting one arrow and didn't try moving to a different spot? Or they didn't think to throw rocks at her? :)

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, you had to suspend logic numerous times throughout the movie. Which I don't really mind if the movie is entertaining. And HG was entertaining enough. Again, I just don't see what all the fuss is about. I have zero desire to see it again. My biggest complaint is that the "games" was the most boring part of the movie. They did such a good job building up to it, then it was just.... lame.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Pretty much avoiding all the mega-releases at this point. They only serve to be a waste of an evening.
    Here's a few recent watches I kinda liked..

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

fun watch. Not especially scary, but that was ok with me.

WARNING SUBTITLES DEY SPEAKIN ESPANOL

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Maybe, I can't remember exactly. But she was waiting in the trees while the others sat around the camp. Pick them off and end the game.

She was no better at combat then as she was later on.

9. GeronimoJackson

You talking about when they chased her up the tree? She didn't have a bow at the time.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Nah, about midway through the games, that one main group were standing around the drop off point, I think they'd set up mines in the ground around the food and other equipment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar