Movie Thread 2: Comic Book films

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You could argue the last 4 - Avengers (kind of), Thor 2, Cap 2, GotG

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah, 2 was all over the place.

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I thoroughly enjoyed spidey 2

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

IDK if anyone saw this but Marvel has apparently leaked their Phase 3 movie slate for the next 5 years with the highlights being the end of the Avengers trilogy (subtitled Civil War), a Doctor Strange franchise, and a Black Panther movie. I find it odd that they are doing a World War Hulk without making Planet Hulk first as firing Hulk into space is what set up the whole WWH story line. I would also pretty much give any amount to money to watch Gladiator starting the Hulk.

[​IMG]

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

still waiting on Moon Knight..

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Not looking forward to.

Nor am I looking forward to Ant Man. It's just lame. Ant-man had better be as comedic as guardians to make it palatable.

7. Finnebosch

Dude, Strange and Panther are two of Marvel's better franchises but I'm not sold on Ant man as anything more then an Avengers tie in character. I'd have rather seen a Hawkeye/Black widow movie or Plant Hulk.

8. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Sin City 2 is ok. Nothing special and doesn't really tie together like the first.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I read comics as a kid, and I've vaguely remember ever hearing about Doctor Strange, and I'd heard about Black Panther, but there is no inherent marketing advantage to making these characters into big screen stars. GotG has the cute kids factor.. Iron Man and Cap already had a presence in pop culture, at least slightly. Past movies, Past video games where these guys were the titular characters.

Thor was just well done for being such a generally lame superhero. They will have to do a superb job to make these things go big.

Hawkeye is the least interesting thing in the Avengers, speaking of tie-in characters. He is as uninteresting as it gets. He's just a soldier, essentially. Not as interesting of a character as Stark, no powers like a Cap or Thor.

And I remain unconvinced that it is possible to have a good Hulk movie. The story has been told to death, and it is as worn out as Spider-man is at this point. Not sure what planet hulk is though.

10. Finnebosch

Planet Hulk was a story line where the Hulk is launched into space by the Illuminati (Tony Stark, Blackbolt, Professor X, Marvel Aquaman, Doctor, Strange, and Mr. Fantasic) and sent to live on a deserted planet but he accidentally ends up on a planet that forces him to fight in a gladiatorial like coliseum; it's basically Glaidator/Conan the barbarian starring the Hulk and is as awesome as that sentence sounds.

It then had a sequel arc called World War Hulk where Banner returns to Earth to get revenge on being shot into space. IMO it's Marvels 3rd best story line right after the Civil War and Dark Phoenix story lines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar