Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Broken Record, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yep, I didn't even see the gravel. That's what sucks. There was a small patch of like 2'x2' that I hit. Luckily I have sliders, and it saved most of it. Could of been worse, only hurt the front fairing/cowling, which will be like $275. Without the sliders my clutch lever, rear fairings, and lights prolly would of been broken also.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That's the main reason why I'll never own a bike: The pavement.

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

[​IMG]

Other drivers don't help much either. I owned a bike for about 2 weeks. After about 10 close calls, I said f it. People are too stupid for my taste. Would love to have one on a closed circuit though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yeah, something like 70% of motorcycle crashes aren't because of anything the rider did. My main reason for not getting one. I'll admit I've totally missed a guy riding a bike while merging on to the highway, although he was easily doing 90 and disappeared again just as quickly as he appeared.

And really, I'd just ride on the weekend. A total luxury purchase I don't need right now.

5. xpmar9x

Yeah i'm a pretty safe driver. I'm not huge on going 100+ everywhere. I love it for the gas mileage and thrill of the ride. I ride it for luxury and to from work/school. I live in a rural area, and then all highway (to a town of like 50K), and theres hardly ever a ton of traffic.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

If you want to be safe you sort of have to ride like a jerk. I always had my brights on when I rode. Whatever.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Not enough stuff between your skin and bones from the pavement or other objects. Anybody else know someone killed in a motorcycle accident? I do.

Not that bikes are bad, but to ride one, you have to be awfully trusting of others on the road, and I'm the kind of person who thinks the average Joe is more likely to be a moron than a sensible human being.

Which is fine, in a social context. I get along with pretty much everyone, but I wouldn't put my life in their hands.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Everybody who I know that has died has been their fault. If it was poor riding, no equipment or whatever.

But I agree, I have had my fair share of close calls. Especially in Memphis, I do not know what it is about this place but Jesus Christ they have some bad drivers.

Keys to being safe on your bike are proper equipment. I always have a leather jacket, helmet, and nice gloves and boots at a minimum. I wear jeans, which would shred at high speeds, but thats the sacrifice I make.

The second key is knowing your bike and how to ride it. Flat out, even a 250 has enough power and maneuverability to get you out of a bad situation. You just have to be twice as aware of your surroundings.

9. xpmar9x

Welp, just put the bike in the garage for the year. Snow is coming this weekend :deadhorse:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar