Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Broken Record, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

You my friend have obviously not found the right one...

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

They are a blast to ride. Just twist and go. None of that pesky shifting in city traffic and they look a lot better than they used to. From certain angles they look like a mini touring bike. I have the 400, but Suzuki also makes a 650 that will scream. Also have a lot of creature comforts that you don't get on many bikes. Under seat storage fits two helmets, two glove boxes for odds and ends, 12v hookup built in. I miss those things on my FZ-1 which has zero storage for anything.

For folks who don't like to shift gears, these bikes are phenomenal. Kinda pricey, though. Ridley Motorcycles.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I would like one, but I trust less those people around me on the roads than I do my own ability to ride one.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Female = usually doesn't want you to have a bike.

Bike = usually attracts females.

How odd is that? But really- until a girl gets the same mileage... nope. :)

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Just bought a bike yesterday :)

'09 Ninja 650R.

Good starter bike. I've rode dirtbikes a few times in my life, mostly four-wheelers though. Have never rode a streekbike though, should be interesting... I'm taking the safety class here ina week so that should help.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Never knew this thread existed.

I have an 07 GSXR 750. It was stolen about a year ago and recovered immediately. Guy still had enough time to destroy my ignition with a screw driver.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

[​IMG]

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Never owned a bike, but if I ever got one it would have to be a Ducati. Love the dry clutch sound. I would just start it and listen to it.

I may do a bike motored race car in the not too distant future.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea the whole situation pissed me off.

Ok, so when it happened I LEFT for work at 3AM and I worked weekends then. My schedule just changed and I got weekends off. The next day I went out and as I was coming back I noticed my bike was not where I normally kept it. (Neighbors complained about taking up an extra parking spot:sad2:)

So I went to check and it wasn't there. Anyway, guy got caught that night. Turns out he stole a van from a neighboring complex, stole my bike, another neighbors, and a dirt bike that night. Was called to court and a key witness did not show up so we could not do anything that day.

Turns out he was actually on bail because he did the exact same thing and was currently awaiting to go to court for it. I guess TN has some law keeping you from charging them again? Doesn't make sense but that is what I have been told.

So in over a year, I had been to court once the entire time. I figured I would never get the money to get my bike fixed from him and just moved on. Had not been contacted sense, which I thought was very lousy for Memphis.

I googled his name not too long ago, guy was arrested for a carrying a firearm as a felon and MJ possession. I could have easily had stumbled out on him(them) that night and I would probably not be telling this story if I had.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Those are nasty bikes for sure.

My buddy owned a Buell. Sickest bike I have ever heard. Letting them go was probably the biggest mistake HD has ever done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar