Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Broken Record, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I have been riding motorcycles for a few years now, but have really gotten into it this spring. Here's a pic of my Yamaha FZ1. Anyone else here ride? East TN has no shortage of great roads.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Just got rid of my Suzuki TL1000R, great bike just couldn't afford the insurance anymore. East TN? You ride on The Dragon much?

3. Broken Record

Actually I've only done the dragon once. It's getting to be tourist season and it gets really crowded. There are some other roads that aren't quite as well known that are just as much fun I think. I dig the Cherohala Parkway and going to do part of the Blue Ridge in a couple of weeks.

What about you? Are you a dragon tamer? :)

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Lol not at all, I am in a small car club and we have guys that go to the dragon regularly during the summer and they mention the people on bikes up there. I've never been there but eventually I will tame it in or on something ha!

5. Broken Record

Haha! Good luck with it. I have driven it in a car (sedan LOL) many times before it became the popular place to speed. Drove it once hung over... now that's a feat!

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Had a cbr, but I'm bikeless for now due to needing money.

Though the way gas is, I should have just went car-less instead.

7. Broken Record

What kind of mileage did you get out of the CBR? My FZ1 gets between 40 and 45 depending on how I'm riding.

I've also got a Suzuki Burgman 400 (CVT auto tranny scooter) that tops out around 100mph and gets around 65mpg. You just have to be willing to be seen riding it :)

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'd like to get a moped, but I fear I would look like a bear riding a unicycle.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I've never really paid much attention, honestly. I'd guess it was about 45mpg.

65mpg.... I'd ride pretty much anything that cheap these days.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I have a Yamaha Virago 750 but I don't ride it anymore. I used to love taking the wife out for a few hours here and there but her cousin's douche bag husband got himself paralyzed on his motorcycle last December so our hobby was pretty much ruined by that. I don't call him a douche because of that though. I call him that because he basically validates most of what Deuce had to say about marriage and relationships in that Taboo thread. My bike is great though. I loved riding it but with school and kids to take care of I've been too busy to ride anyways. (sour grapes)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar