Mother deer fights off pets

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Im not exactly a wildlife fighter, but for a doe, do whatever you can to stay upright and gouge the eyes. For a buck..I saw a video once of a guy being attacked by one, he managed to get ahold of it's antlers while he was at the side of the buck, twisted his neck and was able to bring the buck down.

Was pretty epic.

If that fails. EYE GOUGE.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I wish deer would kick the sh** out of hunters the way they do family pets...

that'd be awesome. And it'd make hunting a challenge.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Hunting isn't fair whatsoever. Bows, maybe. Rifles, scopes- anyone can do that.
    When I hunt, I get my hands dirty. Face to face.

I mostly hunt smaller game, but I don't think that should tarnish anything.

[​IMG]

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

A 5lb stone and compass.

Anything more is cheap, I say.

I hunt cattle with a rifle. But that's just because it takes forever to kill them with the rock. House cats though... easy.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Anything that has a neck that you can get your arms around can be put in a standing choke. From there the animal doesn't know what to do and can be taken down.

Same as a human ,once down if it doesn't know what to do it can be humanely put unconscious.

Once choked out a Rotweiler that was going nuts attacking me. Didn't need to put it to sleep. The experience freaked it out enough that it acted really humble and subdued afterwards.

Big cats are more dangerous because a claw can rip you wide open. Need to get in close and use a darce choke to pin that dangerous paw out of the way.

A bear will roll on you if you try to choke it out so you need to trip it and hold position from side control and then ground and pound it.

Seriously what kind of stupid question is how the you fight off a deer?:irked:
    They're timid private animals which usually avoid human contact.

I have no clue how to fight off a deer.:ha:

The video was a mom in freak out mode because it was in an environment it wouldn't normally be in because it's young had somehow ended up there.

An isolated and unusual incident IMO.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well I was once toe to toe with a 7 ft buck, and I know I startled him, which can be dangerous. I felt his breath on my head, and he was big. Luckily this was at my parents house and the front door was close. I just bolted inside praying he didn't feel so threatened he'd chase me down and stab me with his antlers.

I thought about if he did get me, what would I do. I didn't really know since I've never smelled a deers breath, and had to think about it. I suppose I'd have turned over (assuming he knocked me down) and starting kicking up and hoping I knocked him off, and ran for the door again.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Perhaps the baby deer should use a better defense tactic than the ever useless "Lay here and let the cat rape my face" move?

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I had a friend on Facebook that made sound effects to that whole video..

Really funny stuff with how he did it.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It's rare to see a wild deer here in the UK because they scare so easily. Seem to avoid hmans like the plague.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

What part of England you from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar