Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Most overrated flicks of 2009?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Creeping-Cruds, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Moolah:
    $597
    District 9 was pure-D-crap! Crap acting, crap dialogue, crap plot, crap.
  2. Smudger Starter

Moolah:
    $0
    Wolverine and Terminator top the list for me. Looked forward to both of them for a bit of mindless fun, both let me down big time.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,044
    I think we are missing the point of overrated.

A lot of these movies may have been hyped but many of them were not highly rated when released.
  3. Smudger Starter

Moolah:
    $0
    Then risking the ire of all the fans, Avatar for all it's rave reviews, fantastic animation and sfx, had a storyline that was lacking and for that reason made it overrated for me.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,916
    Hell, you answer all my points in your own post.. The IB you describe would have been much more fun.. I liked all the "Basterds" stuff but hated every minute of the boring theater angle. The first 15 minutes of that movie makes you feel like you were about to see the best movie ever made - but it just didn't deliver.
    And yes, Gran Torino was great - or at least Clint was (but he always is)...
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 As old as Titan.

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,487
    District 9.

Finally saw that yesterday, I'm a big sci fi nerd, and I thought the movie SUCKED!
  4. rastamon Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    terminator salvation...so disapointed
  5. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,977
    I agree a very average film at best.

Their next production is a remake of true grit with Jeff bridges starring. WTF?
  6. onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $1,491
    Precious=obese girl gets hit with many different objects.
  7. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $43,075
    Wow... I can't believe no one has mentioned Up in the Air yet.

It was, by far, the most overrated movie of the year IMO. It's supposedly supposed to be one of the best films of 2009... I watch it and I just don't get it. What's the big deal??? It's average. That is all.

Other overrated movies:
    District 9 - couple of cool killing scenes, then everything just got repetitive and boring.
    Sherlock Holmes - it was okay... Rachel McAdams is smokin' hott and that's about it.
    Star Trek - decent.
    Inglourious Basterds - I really liked it the first time I watched it. Then it just died down on me fast. Good movie, but definitely overrated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.