Most Memorable 2006 Titan Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Aug 21, 2007.

?
  1. First W

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Close But No Cigar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Going Home

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. Student vs Teacher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Giant Comeback

26 vote(s)
    66.7%
  6. Over the Hump

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  7. 2nd Time Around

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  8. Defense Wins Championships

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  9. Music City Miracle

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  10. Season's End

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gotta be the Giants comeback. It sparked our season and our QB. I was also at this game and the stadium atmosphere was AMAZING.

It was 26-20 when Vince got the OT TD against the Texans, you mixed them up. And it was the second time that they played the Texans, the first one was at home.

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

and i love how we did it with literally 2 players, Vince Young, Pacman Jones, and a little of Rob Bironas....

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

and dont forget the play where vince got away from kiwanuka or whatever on 4th and 16....that had to be one of the plays of the year.

4. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Dude, no need to use the term literally. If it was literally two players, Vinny and Pac would've been the only dudes on the field. I know sometimes when they're out there it seems that way, though. :ha:

Anyway, there was a whole slew of fantastic games to choose from, but the one I chose was the win over the Jags, because it seemed to me to be the most unique win, I mean how many times can you overcome a team when you hold the ball for something like 25 minutes?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Tie between Giants win and Colts win. Cos I was there. muhahahahaha.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

play of the year??? the guy thought the whistle had blow and let Young go. He didn't want to get a penalty for roughing Young since that would have given them another play or a 1st down. Pure luck for the Titans on that play

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I had heard Kiwanuka say he felt Young throw the ball - not that he thought the whistle had blown. So technically Young's fake caused him to let up...

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

recap of that play from Yahoo sports and others:

The big play came on fourth-and-10, when Giants rookie Mathias Kiwanuka had Young wrapped up for a sack, but let him go, only to see him scramble upfield 19 yards for a first down.

"Thank God for letting me loose," Young said.

No comment from Kiwanuka that I could find. Guess neither one of us know for sure the reason. You heard one thing I heard another..oh well life goes on

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm betting the three votes from the buffalo game came because people thought you were talking about the actual music city miracle.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I disagree. I voted for the Giants comeback but the Buffalo game was probably my next choice.

See, when we beat the Giants and the Colts, the thought was that those wins were nice and good for team morale, but we weren't going anywhere. By the team we played Buffalo, playoffs were a realistic (albeit unlikely) possibility. That game was suddenly important and we were able to scrape out a win. In my mind, there was more on the line that day and the win was huge for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar